• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some immediate wheel/tire advice and assistance...

ericbee

I am on my final week of my LUBR build and the wheel and tire combinations are staggering. My builder is telling me that we cannot fit an 8 inch wide rim and that 7 is as wide as we can go. I can do a 15", 16" or 17" wheel but I cannot for the life of me find a wheel that is:

15, 16, or 17"
maximum 7" wide
5 x 5.5 bolt pattern
Aluminum not steel

Anybody got any links or advice? Maybe someone makes some aggressive backspaced wheels.

I have been looking for days with no luck. I have no idea how your LUBR guys did it, my builder says we will rub. HELP!!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I think the backspacing is more important than wheel width. Although im not a fan of wide rims. I think a 7 or 8 is perfect. 10" gets to be to wide. The last few sets of rims we bought were ordered to any backspacing we wanted (every 1/4" incriment).

OP
OP
E

ericbee

The KMC's in this thread would work but, I cannot find them for sale anywhere and I think they were discontinued. Please keep em coming...

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Some slots for sale in the clasifieds.... 15x6.....look to be in good condition.

Tasty Geezer

search for some 15x7 slots and get them polished...those would look sweet!

Attachments

• Super Celebration 2012 108.jpg
    Super Celebration 2012 108.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 30