• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New bronco owner questions

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I see you have a 2 inch body lift, would that Proflo 4 fit under a stock hood with 2" body lift? It looks kinda tall with that air gap intake.
I'm pretty sure that it would, certainly better than the Mustang or Explorer long run intake manifold. I think the fitment would also be about the same as Holly sniper, or any four-barrel.
I put the body lift on mostly for transmission issues, however it also helps clear the Explorer power steering reservoir. Body lift is super easy, just a couple of hours and the only part you need to replace is the clutch rod.

-JB

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Oh yeah, one other thing, when I was running Ford EFI, I had to bash in the firewall near the accelerator rod hole so that the upper manifold would fit. Now I have a big dent there that I no longer need since there is no upper manifold component. Just one more difference on fitment.

OP
OP
S

steelworker77

I will try and get some pics up this weekend. Few things need attention and a few things I'm just not sure about. The defrost doesn't seem to work , no low speed on the fan and heater cable is all but froze up so will need to tear into that and see whats going on.

Wiper motor goes slow on both settings with no washer happening? I can deal with the washer not working but what would cause slow on both settings?

It wanders on the road more than I would like and it looks like there's play in the gear box. All the suspension and steering components are fairly new so thinking thats my issue. Definitely 2 hands on the wheel at all times.

There is currently what looks like a Holley street performer carb with electric choke on it and Edelbrock performer intake. I saw an inline Holley electric fuel pump back by the tank. It starts immediately Everytime and seems to run good. Assuming there would be a regulator somewhere?

A few oil leaks but should have most of it buttoned up in the next few days.
Overall really happy and excited to keep tinkering.

OP
OP
S

steelworker77

To add to the wandering. There is what looks to measure to a 1 1/2 suspension lift with 33's on it. I like the stance and at most may go to a 2 1/2 but for now I would like to get it more stable as is. I will get a picture of the current setup underneath.

pfdff1115

Contributor
Bronco Builder
Loc.
Jamestown, IN
sniper over fitech... pro flow is to busy with all the wiring in my opinion
ive done all three, on differant broncos only one issue with sniper of the 15+ i have installed