• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
What do you think the sticker tag will be on the gladiator?

From what I've seen around 32k for a lower model but even more for the rubicon version? Maybe I got that wrong but it seems to be inline with other mid-size truck costs.

I like the Jeep for a new vehicle. I'll be interested to see a rubicon version. The lower model does not have a ton of clearance underneath compared to a Toyota which is one downfall for me. Plus I like a longer bed and don't need a huge rear seat so ultimately a Toyota is a better option for me. Ive been waiting to see if the raptor ranger is gonna hit the states and there have been rumors of a diesel tacoma as well. I have been wanting to take the plunge into new truck debt but there are too many upcoming things to pull the trigger yet. And who knows maybe the new bronco will change my mind and I will buy an SUV. I wish car companies would just put it out there instead of all the rumors and hype.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
A new 4-door Wrangler Rubicon pushes $50K. I bet the Gladiator Rubicon will be in the $55K range.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Folks buy $60k-$80k diesel trucks like crazy, and a huge percentage of those trucks never leave the pavement, never pull or haul anything that requires a truck like that. They just like the look.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dont think the cost would be an issue for Jeep. I see so many Raptors around my area and I know they are not running the desert or trails around hear. Raptors are $70K easy! So if the Gladiator is going to be $55K + they will sell the crap out of them.

I really wish Ford would release a real picture of the Bronco!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
And one of the reasons the Gladiator will be highly successful, regardless of the price tag, is that it doesn't waiver too much from the original look of the Jeep. It's modernized, but still looks very much like the classic.

The 2020 Bronco has to follow the same plan.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Or make you give up in disgust and go buy something else.

co-signed.
They've lost me.
Maybe I'll bite in 6-8 years when the first round of Raptor Broncos are coming off lease and look for one that's never even touched a dirt road (which will/would be about 75% of them).

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Ford better swing for the fence or Jeep will keep their spot as the premier offroad vehicle...

Gonna be real hard to knock Jeep off that podium

But what Jeep needs to do is ditch everything except the wagoneer and grand wagoneer and wrangler and derivatives

And they really missing the boat by not making lots of different retro frontends to go on the wrangler
Like the rhino grill and old wagoneer

Jaxgtc

Ford better swing for the fence or Jeep will keep their spot as the premier offroad vehicle...

I have a feeling they are positioning things to cover the market segments. Explorer is going to look like the current Toyota Highlander with some luxury options and Bronco is going with the boxy look with the masculine chops. Bronco will not cannibalize the cash cow that has been Explorer, it will be new owners who like that more aggressive look. I don't think they are trying to knock Jeep out, just looking for a piece of the action.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Did anyone else catch the news article Ford has given a restoration shop the rights to build new "old" Broncos with updated brakes/Coyote engines? $110-$130K. I understood these to be new serial numbers from scratch.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet:

Attachments

• 20181220_152110_resized.jpg
    20181220_152110_resized.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 115

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet:

I think people want a rendering of the vehicle more, than what the specs will be. They've teased to the point people are starting to waiver on their interest in the 2020 Bronco. I'm sure some of those people are now eyeing the Jeep Gladiator as a substitute. I know I am.