• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I think people want a rendering of the vehicle more, than what the specs will be. They've teased to the point people are starting to waiver on their interest in the 2020 Bronco. I'm sure some of those people are now eyeing the Jeep Gladiator as a substitute. I know I am.

Well put, and I agree. I personally don't see how there can be a 2020 Bronco without seeing something substantial to date. If there is it will be one of the best kept automotive secrets.

SavageBurro

I think people want a rendering of the vehicle more, than what the specs will be. They've teased to the point people are starting to waiver on their interest in the 2020 Bronco. I'm sure some of those people are now eyeing the Jeep Gladiator as a substitute. I know I am.

Me too.

IF the rumors are true, I believe I heard that Ford 'should', 'might', 'could', 'possibly', 'maybe' do some sort of reveal at the Detroit Auto Show next month?

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I read an article last night that Ford intends to put out the next F150 and Explorer before the Bronco next year possibly meaning that the 2020 will be a 2020 release date for a 2021 model year. This kinda stuff is why my dad bought a 76 Blazer. He kept waiting for Ford to release the big Bronco and they just kept kicking the can down the road.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I read an article last night that Ford intends to put out the next F150 and Explorer before the Bronco next year possibly meaning that the 2020 will be a 2020 release date for a 2021 model year. This kinda stuff is why my dad bought a 76 Blazer. He kept waiting for Ford to release the big Bronco and they just kept kicking the can down the road.

clipping posted by teal says they're 'developing' a tranny for a model due out relatively soon...yet another red flag :eek: Anyone seen the actual Autoweek article it's referring to? not that it matters, it's all bullshit speculation

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru

Here's an article talking about it. The Explorer and F150 will come out first. I don't think the BRONCO won't be debuted at the Detroit Auto Show. It would be too risky to take potential sales from the Explorer.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/2020-ford-explorer-truck-debut-175000028.html

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think Detroit will be the make or break for it as a 2020 model. If they don't say anything about it at the January show, I'll assume it's going to slip a bit.

Todd Z.

SavageBurro

I think Detroit will be the make or break for it as a 2020 model. If they don't say anything about it at the January show, I'll assume it's going to slip a bit.

Todd Z.

I don't know if it's make or brake, but they will likely lose a fair number of potential buyers. IF they do reveal it next month and IF its as cool as I hope it is, I will wait. If they don't show us what it looks like and what the specs are... I will not wait. We are in the market this coming year. Soo... poop or get off the pot Ford. Otherwise my money is going to your competitor.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I don't know if it's make or brake, but they will likely lose a fair number of potential buyers. IF they do reveal it next month and IF its as cool as I hope it is, I will wait. If they don't show us what it looks like and what the specs are... I will not wait. We are in the market this coming year. Soo... poop or get off the pot Ford. Otherwise my money is going to your competitor.

Yeah, same hear. My wife's Escape is about to be replaced and I want to see the Bronco before we replace it but they are going to run out of time if it gets pushed back to a 21 model. If it goes that way she's going to want an GMC Acadia.

77Bronco636

Yup, if Ford messes up the Bronco then the Gladiator is on my wish list!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think we all have a bit of 'tease fatigue' right now with the whole thing.

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
clipping posted by teal says they're 'developing' a tranny for a model due out relatively soon...yet another red flag :eek: Anyone seen the actual Autoweek article it's referring to? not that it matters, it's all bullshit speculation

We'll know soon enough I suppose..

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
Yeah, same hear. My wife's Escape is about to be replaced and I want to see the Bronco before we replace it but they are going to run out of time if it gets pushed back to a 21 model. If it goes that way she's going to want an GMC Acadia.

Don't get an Acadia, they're riddled with problems.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yeah saw the reports they are going to delay the release of it. Not surprised. But I agree major fatigue on waiting for the new bronco, if another person comes up to me and say "hey Ford is coming out with a new bronco" then shows me a "artist rendering" of what it looks like I am going to scream!!!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
My long term guess is that the friggin bean counters will eventually screw up any chance of this being a truck that I would want.

Tugross302

Yeah saw the reports they are going to delay the release of it. Not surprised. But I agree major fatigue on waiting for the new bronco, if another person comes up to me and say "hey Ford is coming out with a new bronco" then shows me a "artist rendering" of what it looks like I am going to scream!!!

Amen. I have to hear that almost every day and educate them that if they’ve seen a picture of the new one it is not real. I ate lunch with the owner of our local ford dealer yesterday. He didn’t seem to know too much since he sells several different brands. He was at a dealer conference in “I think “ Las Vegas and they showed the dealers the baby bronco picture with the shadow in the background. I told him the rumor was that the shadow was the new bronco. He didn’t seem to have heard anything about that. I did offer to line the front of his lot with 12-15 Classic Broncos on the day that they are allowed to order the new ones. It should draw some attention. He said he’d buy our lunch

elan

Loc.
s
I got tired of waiting for the last 12 years for said Bronco. Screw Ford. It was either going to be a 4Runner or a 5.7 Tundra. I bought the Tundra TRD 4x4.

On the other website I hang out on most everyone (Ford guys) agrees that Ford has lost their friggin' minds.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Yup, if Ford messes up the Bronco then the Gladiator is on my wish list!!

Same here. I’m holding out to see what Ford will have to offer. If its a flop, a new Rubicon, JLU or Gladiator is in my future. Of coarse I will keep my 76.;D

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I got tired of waiting for the last 12 years for said Bronco. Screw Ford. It was either going to be a 4Runner or a 5.7 Tundra. I bought the Tundra TRD 4x4.

On the other website I hang out on most everyone (Ford guys) agrees that Ford has lost their friggin' minds.

I agree, Ford management is really stupid. Getting rid of their cars because it don't make enough margin for them. Greedy BasXOXOCX! Besides the fact that at some point Gas will go up and there is going to be an immediate shift to cars from Trucks and SUV's! Well I have only ever bought Ford but if I can't go to them to buy my daily driver for commuting and I have to go buy a Dodge or Chevy car. I might like it more than a Ford then when I am ready to buy another truck or SUV I will probably just go elsewhere! Don't get me wrong I like my Bronco but to me that is when they made a decent vehicle. (Rant over)

rmk57

I agree, Ford management is really stupid. Getting rid of their cars because it don't make enough margin for them. Greedy BasXOXOCX! Besides the fact that at some point Gas will go up and there is going to be an immediate shift to cars from Trucks and SUV's! Well I have only ever bought Ford but if I can't go to them to buy my daily driver for commuting and I have to go buy a Dodge or Chevy car. I might like it more than a Ford then when I am ready to buy another truck or SUV I will probably just go elsewhere! Don't get me wrong I like my Bronco but to me that is when they made a decent vehicle. (Rant over)

G.M. has 6 car models their going to discontinue in 2019, so your left with Dodge and Fiat is hounding them to stop production of the Chrysler brand also.

I personally think Ford is doing the right thing by making their truck / suv market stronger and throwing in towel on cars which they cant compete with anyway, besides the Mustang.