• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New project 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thank you to Andrew Norton for selling me this fantastic 71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco; Yes it is the wrong color but it has no rust and has never been in an accident.It features Stroppe power steering and Stroppe automatic transmission. We will do a frame off restoration on this one. Andrew named this one appropriately, John Deere. I just counted and we have 19 broncos at the new shop and one more coming Friday. Yes, we have a full house and I am looking for more manpower, especially body men. Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncos.

Attachments

• DSC_7807[1].jpg
    DSC_7807[1].jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 307

House

Minutia Militia
Man I definitely had a hankering for that one, jealous!
Can't wait to follow along on it's progress and see how it turns out…!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
There goes lars' wheels!

Looking forward to the build as well.

Todd Z.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
There goes lars' wheels!

Looking forward to the build as well.

Todd Z.

Hey! I recognize those!

i-pbtnqfh-XL.jpg

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Wow, 19 is a full house!

Looking forward to pics of the finished product, just in case I lose self control.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Following along as well. Wish I had the skills and lived closer. I would love to work for you. Great stuff coming out of your shop.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you going to do a build thread so we can watch it's progress? I recently bought the Baja up in Wyoming. I brought it home and was going to restore it but it was so original that Todd convinced me to leave it alone. If I ever do decide to restore we should talk.

OP
OP
M

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, I will do a build thread. We probably won't start until I get a couple of projects finished up. Can someone explain what the significance of these wheels is?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, I will do a build thread. We probably won't start until I get a couple of projects finished up. Can someone explain what the significance of these wheels is?

Nothing super significant except that they've been on several members' rigs here and they're about the only 'steel slot' wheel I've ever seen on a EB.

They were originally custom-made for the guy that owned the infamous "Travel Trailer" Stroppe Baja Bronco before Andrew owned it.

Andrew sold them to Lars who ran them on his rig forever and as you know, his truck is fairly well-known in the EB world.

Lars upgraded to 17"s awhile back and the wheels went back to Andrew and onto Kermit and now they're in your possession.

They get around!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
M

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Anyone traveling from Socal to Norcal so I can get these back to Andrew?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Anyone traveling from Socal to Norcal so I can get these back to Andrew?

We leave Tucson on Tuesday the 17th to visit Oregon. Going to the Northwest Bronco Roundup.

I10 to I5 north, with one night in Bakersfield if that works. I'm happy to help.

Last edited:

No Hay

Bronco Guru
We'll be on I5 to Oregon, so it looks like they would have to meet in Stockton or Sacramento.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang, just saw this. Thanks for trying guys. yes, very funny but I bought the wheels back. I like the 4" backspace. I'm going to try and grab them on Monday oct 11 or Thurs OCt 7th if that'll work Mark.

Let me know what else I can help with on the JD!