• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA Parting Out Complete ’96 Explorer V8 with 4R70W

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclack

Hey all, I'm parting out a complete ’96 Explorer V8 that has just over 230k miles on it. The enigne runs strong and seemed to drive fine, but supposedly (according to the PO) the AWD tcase is bad. I was able to drive it around without any issues. I got it up to 70 and didn't hear any noise coming from the tcase; tranny shifted just fine and would go in and out of OD with the switch on the shifter.

I'd rather not ship the big/heavy items, but if the price is right, anything is possible. ;D

GT40 upper and lower intakes, throttle body, fuel rail (injectors sold) - $150
GT40 heads - Sold
Complete serp drive including fan, PS pump, A/C comp (if you want it), alt and 3G/4G alt harness - $250
Short block (bored .030 over) - Sold

Complete OBDII wiring harness, including coil packs, MAF, and cam and crank position sensors - Sold
ECU - Sold
4R70W trans, TC, Flex plate, backing plate, cooler (had AWD tcase; as I understand this will bolt directly to an NP205 or D20 with ZF adapter) - $250

For everything else just make an offer. Windshield is cracked; all other glass is good. Possible trades for: 3.5/4.5" lift (11 pack leafs and coils), 9" and/or D44 ARBs.

Click>>

Last edited:
OP
OP
dclack

dclack

I pulled the heads off today and found a set of .030" pistons. Apparently the engine was rebuilt at some point so I have no idea how many miles are really on it. But it's ready to go if anyone needs short block.

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Just sold it yesterday. I still have a fuel rail from a 351 pickup. It's the same except that the regulator and test port are on the drivers side which probably won't fit under a stock intake unless you are flipping the upper.

Status
Not open for further replies.