• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PCV valve port/intake question

bobscott

Would like to verify something. I have the attached intake. The port on the lower right hand side (would be back of engine on driver side) is vacuum and not coolant right? This is where I plan on hooking my line from my PCV valve.

Thanks

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What type intake?

You will want to hook the PCV as close to the center/carb as possible so it will distribute the gasses to all cylinders evenly.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

oops, here is the one i have.

Attachments

• 21213.jpg
    21213.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Doesn't look like it really has a port that's centered up. Are you running a carb spacer? If so get one with a 3/8 port or drill it and put a port in it.

70_Steve

Old Guy
The port on the lower right hand side (would be back of engine on driver side) is vacuum and not coolant right? This is where I plan on hooking my line from my PCV valve.
There is a vacuum port in the runners to both cylinder #4 and cylinder #8. These are OK to be used for manifold vacuum, but should not be used for the PCV valve. What that would do is put all the vapor from the crankcase into one cylinder. The PCV valve should be connected at the base of the carb. If there is no specific PCV connection on the carb, use a carb spacer. That way the vapor is distributed evenly to all cylinders.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

I am running an affordable fuel injection setup. It has some ports on it but I was thinking it would be cleaner looking to run to that lower port on the intake. Do I need one that is centered on the intake for the PCV valve? If so I can attach to the throttle body from affordable.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

There is a vacuum port in the runners to both cylinder #4 and cylinder #8. These are OK to be used for manifold vacuum, but should not be used for the PCV valve. What that would do is put all the vapor from the crankcase into one cylinder. The PCV valve should be connected at the base of the carb. If there is no specific PCV connection on the carb, use a carb spacer. That way the vapor is distributed evenly to all cylinders.

Got it, I understand now. I will hook the PCV to the base of the affordable unit. Didn't think about running all the vapor to one cylinder. I might switch the brake booster to this port and then take the PCV to where I have the brake now, as the affordable unit only has one larger vacuum port. Thanks for the lesson guys.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That would be correct. The booster can feed from one cylinder with no issue. Mainly the PCV can't.

Paul