• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POR-15 What went wrong?

OP
OP
K

KDML

Thanks to all for the advice (especially Dave). Second coat went on much better than the first. Moved on to some other parts without any bubbling issues - not sure what my problem was the first time.

On some of the other parts I painted I noticed a fine dust on the surface after I prepped the parts and let them dry. Was easy enough to wipe off. My guess is this is leftover from the metal ready. After applying the metal ready I hosed off the parts, wiped down and hosed off a second time, so I can't understand how anything could still be remaining on the parts. Any advice on making sure my parts are perfectly clean. I would hate to have this dust caught under the paint.

Thanks

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I've painted tons of stuff with POR-15. I mostly use a brush, and it's sorta bubbly when I apply, but it has always smoothed itself out. And after a 2nd coat, it's almost completely perfect. I really like the stuff. Also, when i order, I ususally get my order the next day as it's only going from NJ to Long Island.
I've painted my frame, axles, floors, and various brackets and brake calipers and brackets. So far the only thing that make it peel up is brake fluid, but that's a no brainer...

Good stuff...