• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Grabber Orange

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Installed a Edelbrock heat insulator this weekend. According to reading I took with my infrared thermometer there is now a 30 degree temperature difference between the manifold and the carb. Hopefully this will help with the vapor lock symptoms I have been having.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
I haven't posted anything here lately so I will catch it up. In the last month I have done the following:

Installed new fuel pump.
Installed new alternator and voltage regulator.
Installed new drop windshield motor bracket.
Installed chrome tow hooks in front.
Installed new (to me) chrome bumperettes on the front.

May have finally found the source of my wandering. The bolts on the steering gearbox were loose. Tightened those and took it for a drive yesterday and it was much better.

The PO had installed new shocks on the front of which I never bothered to check until Friday. Turns out they are monroe shocks for a lincoln town car. Time to order some Duffs.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey BB any updates...and pix...Hang in there man and we all know whos got whos back around here right!!;)

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
I haven't done much lately. Been in a cast so its a little hard to maneuver . I did paint the front grille in plasti dip orange last weekend but haven't put the glossifier on yet. I will post pics when I finish it. I have been slowly working on a tailgate I got from 66ALRIDE. It was in pretty bad shape but I have salvaged it. Installed some Skyjacker shocks up front. The genius P.O. had installed shocks for a Lincoln Continental. I looked like a bobble head rolling down the road. I know you guys got my back. Ya'll are awesome!

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Plasti Dipped my tailgate and grille.

Attachments

• Plasti dipped my grille.jpg
    Plasti dipped my grille.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Plasti Dipped my Tailgate.jpg
    Plasti Dipped my Tailgate.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
It's not super durable but it is easy to touch up and repair. I little vm&p melts it back to liquid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
XX2 on looks great...That Bronco has came along way..!!!

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Finally stripped the bedliner off my dash and re-painted.

Attachments

• Dash before.jpg
    Dash before.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Dash stripped.jpg
    Dash stripped.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Dash after.jpg
    Dash after.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 128