• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptor liner on plastic....who's had success?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So been shooting Raptor liner on all kinds of metal and and love it. Quick and easy looks great.......So now I'm looking to step out and do some plastic.

To be more specific, fender flares and some trim pieces all exterior. I've been doing some reading on the "process" and have read mixed results.

The use of an "adhesion promoter" (which I have no experience with) seems to be key. UPOL sells some but so does all the "rattle can" paint makers.

Looking for advice on spraying plastic.........

Tim

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
i shot raptor on my fiberglass without anything but scuffing it. UPOL says to use a adhesion promoter than thats exactly what i would do. And i would stick with UPOL for that as well. dont mix brands of paint ever. Plastic may be different that fiberglass......but on glass parts i have just scuffed.

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
Can’t give you any tips on preparing plastic for the raptor liner but I can tell you when I sprayed the tub on my heep I taped everything off but missed a grey piece of dash in the foot well and it got lined and i tried to get it to come off and it was on there good I soon realize that I would probably destroy the pice trying to get it to come off so I left it and it held up amazing ...... but I’m sure it was dumb luck for me so definitely prep it as the instructions state but should work and hold up for whatever you’re doing .....

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
First hit with Bulldog in aerosol can then Raptor. I've done it on every set of flares I've ever had!

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
First hit with Bulldog in aerosol can then Raptor. I've done it on every set of flares I've ever had!

Bulldog you say.......So that's worked great for you in the past.......

I'll give that a try in the coming weeks. I've got several things to shoot with Raptor but have to get a pesky oil leak fixed before starting anything new....

Tim