• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacement power brake booster

TheBeardedOne

Hey guys I’m needing to replace the vacuum brake booster on my 74 booster is a 77. From what I can gather none of the big box store are able to get them anymore. I have found it on TBP and other websites but the don’t offer lifetime warranty like the big box stores did. Are there any other years or models who’s booster will bolt right up? I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer. Thanks in advance

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Maybe try napa or a local rebuilder. The smaller one guys were using I think was a 78 mustang2 booster to fit above the inner fender. Now those kits have switched to the cheaper gm style. I didnt have much luck with em and went hydroboost. Same with any of that lifetime warranty stuff from the chain ap stores. Sure they replace it but who wants to change a starter every 8 months. Pay a few more bucks for a good one and it will last like a stock part. That's my .02

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The one TBP sells is as good as the OE. None of the rebuilt ones has lasted me more than a couple yrs. The original lasted 25 yrs. Unless you're running stupid big tires the vacuum booster will give you all the braking force traction will allow.