• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rescue It or Too Far Gone??

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I wasn't able to get to the VIN, didn't know where to look and getting the hood open wasn't an option. I can go back and get more info.

Driver side kick panel, right next to the emergency brake pedal.

jerrybromley

Contributor
The Bronco I'm rebuilding started out that way.......But as the previous post stated , you have to have passion for a project like that and years of time and lots of money.

But when it's done it is TRULY YOURS

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco I'm rebuilding started out that way.......But as the previous post stated , you have to have passion for a project like that and years of time and lots of money.

But when it's done it is TRULY YOURS

true!, been there myself! you gonna have yours on the road this summer J?

chuckyb

Contributor
From my point of view the biggest problem is no title.... To me that is the deal breaker.

^^This. It is impossible to tell just how rough this one is, but it is rough, and there will be more problems found if it is taken apart. If there is no title and no sentimental value, I would keep looking. It seems like a $1000 parts rig at best if there is no title.

eBronc2

Contributor
I've seen worse. I think I started with worse. Mine had no engine, no top, no interior, rusted out floors, crunched fender.....

TAC71

Contributor
I've driven worse and restored even worse. Where I live that's a keeper.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
west coast guys are spoiled, no title is a deal breaker.

It’s funny, in NH it cost you $25 to have the VIN run to make sure it isn’t stollen and to apply for an antique title. Hardest part is getting the VIN verification form completed. A town police officer can come and document it, an official inspection station can or the state police can. I have a buddy who has an inspection station and I just put it on the trailer and drive over. I have had the local police come buy in the past too.

Small towns are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It’s funny, in NH it cost you $25 to have the VIN run to make sure it isn’t stollen and to apply for an antique title. Hardest part is getting the VIN verification form completed. A town police officer can come and document it, an official inspection station can or the state police can. I have a buddy who has an inspection station and I just put it on the trailer and drive over. I have had the local police come buy in the past too.

Small towns are great!

michigan is similar...$5 for an appraisal from the junk yard, then DMV runs the VIN, you pay tax on the appraised value and you're good to go if the car isn't hot. Its about $50 total...

Skinnyr1

Here in CT, they don't even issue titles for vehicles over 20 years old. No title is no big deal. If I ever sell mine, it won't have a title because the state doesn't issue them.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Here in CT, they don't even issue titles for vehicles over 20 years old. No title is no big deal. If I ever sell mine, it won't have a title because the state doesn't issue them.

In NH they don’t care either but you do have to have a previous registration or the VIN verified. I actually had to argue with them on the last title to give them $$$$

OP
OP
M

MAC13

Small towns are great!

Virginia DMV said provide a bill of sale, fill out an affidavit in lieu of title and they run the VIN to make sure it's not hot. Seemed pretty straight forward.

Izzy_Britton

I live in California where bureaucracy thrives. There is only one easy way to get a title without ALL of proper documentation, bill of sale, vin critical, inspection, smog testing yada yada yada, but that easy work around cost 100$ ace can take 30-90 days depending on 'stated' value of vehicle. Major PITA, unless you are patient.

I can see that clearly I need to move to the east coast states for a purely DMV advantage. Lol

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
If the '71 Phantom Cuda carcass (Graveyard Carz) can be saved, anything can be saved...

EB70

Contributor
Looks savable for sure. My current project was worse and it is done.