• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Salvage yard seats

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Not the best pictures. 03 Nissan Altima. Power with heated seats. Switches are on the seat. Paid $20 for the pair. Haven't decided if I'm going to put new covers on (which are available) or stitch up the air bag opening (just broke the stitches, no other damage). Pretty comfortable.
IMG_20220506_174613510.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_174604777.jpg
    IMG_20220506_174604777.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 14

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My dad has an '09 F150 that the passenger side seat stitching came apart like that from being exposed in the sun too long. For his application, I bought a replacement leather seat cover and replaced. It is not recommended to sew the seam up if you want the air bag to function properly. For your use, it might even be best to remove the air bag and fill that void in with foam before recovering or restitching.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
My dad has an '09 F150 that the passenger side seat stitching came apart like that from being exposed in the sun too long. For his application, I bought a replacement leather seat cover and replaced. It is not recommended to sew the seam up if you want the air bag to function properly. For your use, it might even be best to remove the air bag and fill that void in with foam before recovering or restitching.
The air bags are deployed that's why it's opened up. No reason to keep them as you mentioned. New covers are very reasonable. The best part is I have plenty of time to decide.

Thanks for watching out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Convertible Mustang seats, maybe 90's ? None elec, used the Mustang OEM sliders after a little hammer flattening action. Yes that is tread plate decking going from one side to the other. And then down to the rocker and that gave me a flat place to mount the passenger seat AND gave me a storage area under it. Still need to make a door for it. Ford Ranger arm rest using the OEM mount bracket that mounts behind the ammo can center console.

Pretty comfy...? mine are out of a dang integra Upgrading soon though

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
2002-2009 Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy. These are not going in my Bronco but rather into my 1954 International project. Lots of fabric and leather choices, manual or electric, heated etc. And they were a popular vehicle so most salvage yards have them.

I specifically chose these because they have integrated 3-point seat belts, which could be handy in some Bronco applications.

Attachments

• trailblazer seats.jpg
    trailblazer seats.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 9

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
best I have had thus far were from Econoline Van...cloth. Mine sits outside in the elements and would dry very quickly and wore like iron...second set is Mountaineer leather....not quite as comfy but both are easily had seat3.jpg

Attachments

• seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 12
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 14

Yooper74

I put 06 mustang GT seats in mine. power, heated, etc. i modified the mustang brackets a little bit to get them as low as I could. The power still works so can be raised if a shorter person than me were driving I suppose.

seats installed  2.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mustang GT seats here. From 1989 (tall back) and from 1991 (shorter back).
Extremely comfy!

I kept the shorter back ones because they seem to suit the bronco better and were easier to recline and tilt forward.