• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sanity check

triracer67

Contributor
I'm hoping to get a little sanity check, be kind. I acquired a set of '69 351w heads that have the exhaust bump removed, and larger 1.94/1.60 valves. They also have threaded rocker pedestals, and push rod guides. Additionally have 1.7 rocker rockers to go with it. My '69 351 has stock heads/rockers. Am I being really stupid for swapping out the heads, the motor runs really well, and I have zero problems with it. The extra horsepower is for fun, and it doesn't go offroad. I've done this swaps before, so, I have the ability and time. Thoughts?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have the parts, ability, time and presumably the funds, so why not? You can always go back if you prefer it the way it is now with said parts/ability/time/funds.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I say do it.

For years my eb's 351W was a test bed for all kinds of ideas...
Some great, some only okay but I regret none of it!