• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

shock mounts on wcb extened arms.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Toddz,
You got pics to post of it?

Mad: Per your request, I've attached some photos. I had to clearance the backside of the brackets to clear the Fox shocks. Smaller diameter units wouldn't require that mod to be done, imo. I did use low profile locknuts and trimmed bolts due to clearances.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpg
    IMG_4864.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4865.jpg
    IMG_4865.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 19

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Thats the one thing I like about the duffs stage II hoops is that with a 2" BL they mount almost against the top of the inner fender.

Todd
great idea on getting some added height

mattt

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the post and pics Todd. What is your opinion on having a 12" short body Fox made....10" body, 12" shaft? I'm definitely not big on the idea of the F250 mount on only 1/2 the frame.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Then add on to them or make some longer copies; they are simply 1/8" stamped steel.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the post and pics Todd. What is your opinion on having a 12" short body Fox made....10" body, 12" shaft? I'm definitely not big on the idea of the F250 mount on only 1/2 the frame.

I think it's a definite possibility but I've never heard of it being done. I was investigating to see if I could find anyone still selling or making Brett Kinch's old F-250 style mounts that I think were longer (and certainly beefier) than the F250 mounts. Mike Bowlin pointed me to Moab 4x4 Outpost where a guy named Andy (who used to make Brett's stuff and AOR's pieces) now works. He has a similar bracket but it also wasn't tall enough for what I need.

I had my brackets welded on this morning.

Todd