• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spicer Ball Joints Have Zerk Fittings?

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Just bought some ball joints from one of the vendors and their website states they are original equipment Spicer ball joints. What I received has zerk fittings on the bottoms and they just don't appear to be of high quality. Do Spicer ball joints come with zerk fittings now? Also, just to confirm, the shorter one goes on bottom, correct?

Chuck

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
These look very cheap, with no markings on them. The packaging doesn't even indicate where they were made. Shoddy product

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
50fd434385f0f24a98814a3aa6839986.jpg

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
There are no markings on the joints themselves. They might be Moog, but everything I've read says they will have markings on them. The top of each post looks like cheap pot metal.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The tapered posts on the Spicers I have installed were a darker color from heat treating. Those are bright steel and look not to have been treated or were machined after they were treated.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I just got a set of Spicers (from JBG) and they do not have zerks and the boxes are clearly marked Spicer.

Last edited: