• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stacey Davids Crazy Horse

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
OK ladies and gentlemen
I was told today that crazy horse got by current owner repainted :eek: %)
got no clue what color it is now ...but crazy horse as we all know and appreciated it is no more !
Now .... as we all know she is a 66 U13 that prior of Stacey getting a hold of, someone converted it into a U14 w. doors from actually a 1966 !

so now the question becomes what are the 4 original Stacy crazy horse ( full set ) door hinges sporting the original 66 color and now the last parts in original Stacey purple worth ???

I think they need to find a collector and a good home .....

bidding starts a 100 bucks and in 100.- increments .... GL ! and happy bidding !
ps ... its got a reserve .... I let you all know when its met ! :cool:

ps: .....hint... would make an excellent xmas present !! :-X

Attachments

• 20191103_081833.jpg
    20191103_081833.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 129
  • z1397199761_n.jpg
    z1397199761_n.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 129
  • z-gearz-66_Ford_Bronco-crazyhorse-06827.jpg
    z-gearz-66_Ford_Bronco-crazyhorse-06827.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 128
  • z-66-ford-bronco-known-as-crazy-horse-built-by-stacey-david-on-the-show-trucks-2.jpg
    z-66-ford-bronco-known-as-crazy-horse-built-by-stacey-david-on-the-show-trucks-2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
ben brown sold CH to a man in Newberry Fl. That man asked me to fix some of the problems and do some upgrades to CH. When it left my house it was 100% and running strong. It was a blast to drive, I would of got a speeding ticket every time I drove it. It had to go. So the Newberry man took it to a show in East Texas. It was sold to a man in Louisiana? I think. Story is the mans wife hated the horse on the side and would not be seen in it. So the new owner had it painted. I am not sure they knew about the history or if they cared. Thats all I know.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
This is the last picture of CH that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 132

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. Good stuff

OK ladies and gentlemen
got no clue what color it is now ...but crazy horse as we all know and appreciated it is no more !
Now .... as we all know she is a 66 U13 that prior of Stacey getting a hold of, someone converted it into a U14 w. doors from actually a 1966 !

so now the question becomes what are the 4 original Stacy crazy horse ( full set ) door hinges sporting the original 66 color and now the last parts in original Stacey purple worth ???

bidding starts a 100 bucks and in 100.- increments .... GL ! and happy bidding !

bax

Contributor
Old Member
OK ladies and gentlemen

Franko, Are you trying to start a bidding war like Fish N Chips?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Franko, Are you trying to start a bidding war like Fish N Chips?

bidding war ..... No actually I was thinking the door hinges being for a 66 and the last part in crazy horses original color, they would appeal to among others also to Fish N Chips ...he would def see and appreciate the great value !!!

just think down the road .... the next custodian of crazy horse might wana restore her back to her original glory ( ok maybe w. a better / nicer horse mural ... just my opinion ) ...but the door hinges are now the only parts left to get a correct color match from ..... priceless !! NO ?!! :cool:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
just think down the road .... the next custodian of crazy horse might wana restore her back to her original glory ( ok maybe w. a better / nicer horse mural ... just my opinion ) ...but the door hinges are now the only parts left to get a correct color match from ..... priceless !! NO ?!! :cool:

If the current owner's wife didn't like the horse he should've done a wrap, or painted over the horse with the purple, especially considering he and the other two owners since Stacey (I assume) paid a price for it based on the fact that it WAS Crazy Horse!! CRAZY to think someone would PONY up the dough for Crazy Horse, then spend 10 grand to drop it's value by 25 grand lol ...are you sure it's not still purple?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
If the current owner's wife didn't like the horse he should've done a wrap, or painted over the horse with the purple, especially considering he and the other two owners since Stacey (I assume) paid a price for it based on the fact that it WAS Crazy Horse!! CRAZY to think someone would PONY up the dough for Crazy Horse, then spend 10 grand to drop it's value by 25 grand lol ...are you sure it's not still purple?

I think it is Red. But not sure on that either.

CraigS

Just covering that hideous graphic with primer would have raised the price.

AZ69EB

I meet Stacy today at SEMA and talked about his U14 Crazy Horse. What a great man!

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
So yesterday I get an email from a past customer I sold a Bronco to around 2011 . Seems his Dad bought Crazy Horse a few years ago . I looked up this thread & saw the rumors of a repaint . So I asked . Nope , still in it's "glorious " purple , white & horse blazing down the side . So that rumor can be put to rest ...

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
So yesterday I get an email from a past customer I sold a Bronco to around 2011 . Seems his Dad bought Crazy Horse a few years ago . I looked up this thread & saw the rumors of a repaint . So I asked . Nope , still in it's "glorious " purple , white & horse blazing down the side . So that rumor can be put to rest ...

Haha!!! Glad to hear that!!! Hope it's true!!! I was quite fond of that "Snortin Horse", hell it was named "Crazy Horse" !!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• FSCN0673.JPG
    FSCN0673.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 83

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

Just as I suspected. Hopefully no one was foolish enough to “bid in $100 increments” on some friggin door hinges based on a rumor