• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering Column - 4r70w Swap -76’

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
76 - swapping 4r70w and want to keep column shift. So, I’m looking for a new tilt column that will work. Figure I need the Lokar auto shift linkage to dial in the indicator, but there has to be a new tilt column that will be close with minimal tweaking. Suggestions ? Thanks

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used an extension to the rod and it works good, but does not line up exactly, but no can steal and drive away. haa
its minimal and did it to get on the road, but has been working for 10 years.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I made my friends factory 76 column work with very little fabrication and used the original explorer shift cable.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just measured the offset of the explorer shift stud from column center line and welded it to the factory bronco shift arm at the same distance so the throw would be the same, then built a bracket for the cable to mount.

OP
OP
76YETI

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
thanks for the replies, i’m looking for a new tilt column solution.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought this tilti g automatic sucker and bought a 4r70w shift cable made for it. Put it in my 69F100