• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on Kincer chassis

jwheels

I'm Just starting to do the planning and research on a project Iv'e been thinking about doing in the future. My question is just as the title reads, thinking about their classic series early bronco, I know they are a bit pricey but what does everybody think of these? Quality, value of the getting a rolling chassis vs reworking an old one and so on. It seems that if something wears out or breaks it should be easy enough to find parts and get it fixed. Thoughts would be helpful thanks in advance.

needsmoarturbo

I'm sure the quality is great. I have no idea what they cost, but as with anything else value can be subjective.
Some people have skills and time. Others may have lots of money, but no skills or time. I think the kincer is targeting the latter customer group. So ask yourself which group your in.

Their classic chassis looks fairly stock type but has more room between the rails I believe. Also has rear discs and a 9" up front. None of those things matter to me so personally I'd redo a stock setup if it's in reworkable condition.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
They definitely make a nice product. There's a lot of thought that goes into their frames that let you customize your suspension and drive train.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Nothing wrong w a stock Bronco frame in good condition. The Bronco frame was and still is a major selling feature. No reason to go aftermarket.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I visited them this past summer and I was very impressed! The quality was very good, several step's above any factory frame and running gear. Thomas, the owner, seems like a stand up guy and obviously pretty sharp too. I, on the other hand, am a purist and would rather keep my broncos like ford made them. If you want the old bronco look, best new car ride, best running gear, and power plant that can be had then go for it! Kincer would be a top of the line choice. Just my opinion

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BSI Performance has a nice EB chassis as well if you're looking in that price range. I saw one at SEMA in 2018 and talked to a couple of their fabricators for a while, learned what they did and why and it all sounded pretty well thought out for the guy who plans to link, coilover and Coyote their build anyway.

https://bsiperformance.net/product/1966-76-bsi-bronco-chassis/

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
TDK makes a very nice frame as well. They can build to suit too.

Leave off rear springs Hangers and Shock mounts for a 4-link, for example. Wider frame, Like Kincer is also an option for a Coyote Build.

I have one coming in January.

chuck1022

Contributor
TDK makes a very nice frame as well. They can build to suit too.

Leave off rear springs Hangers and Shock mounts for a 4-link, for example. Wider frame, Like Kincer is also an option for a Coyote Build.

I have one coming in January.

....i am gonna email them and ask them if tthey would build a frame 26 inches longer than factory. I want to build that Mark Kalina bronco

OP
OP
J

jwheels

That's the type of information and opinion is what I'm looking, Thanks keep it coming.

My project is going to be using a bluepoint 306 injected with an auto trans. and a 3.5 lift nothing too crazy. I'll try to keep it as stock looking as I can. We live on gravel and the roads can get pretty bad in the winter and spring so we need a vehicle to take to car shows that can be cool and extremely useful all year long.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Do you have a frame already? Is it usable? What would the benefit be for you to go new if not going coyote and stock suspension? Also consider the new frame has a new VIN or reassigned state issued VIN unless you do the switcharoo and take a chance using an old VIN on the body. I am looking at a Kincer chassis as well for a full custom and know it will have All new parts and VIN.

OP
OP
J

jwheels

I don't have anything at this time, just a dream of building something to drive around and say I built that.

Not worried about the VIN thing, a state assigned number is fine with me. Not worried about resale value, I will keep it forever.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Not worried about the VIN thing, a state assigned number is fine with me. Not worried about resale value, I will keep it forever.[/QUOTE]

The main problem with new vin numbers is the property tax thing and insurance, I know it varies by state, but tax & ins. on a new rig can get expensive???%):eek:%)

OP
OP
J

jwheels

I understand the sales tax costs and fees on a replica vehicle in the state of Iowa, anything I build will be expensive no matter what. I'm trying to avoid working with rusty metal as much as possible, which means using new parts whenever I can.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I understand the sales tax costs and fees on a replica vehicle in the state of Iowa, anything I build will be expensive no matter what. I'm trying to avoid working with rusty metal as much as possible, which means using new parts whenever I can.

That's cool!!! Thomas is a standup guy and I've seen his frames at Super Celebration, they look good, and I believe he is authroized by Ford to produce them??;D;D;D