• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Throwback Weekend, April 12-14 Townsend TN

ribbits

Probably many as we use to have the whole event at Tally Ho until we outgrew it? Hopefully it will get back to it's previous glory? "Build it and they will come", vendors and the raffle that is.... We will be doing both this year but probably just the throw back next year if it pans out. Just too crowded last year ?? Last year some of the rides were too fast paced for us old folks. It's supposed to be a ride, not a race! Just don't like spending money to see vehicles that just rolled off the assembly line, but that's just me. However, I can certainly understand those that do..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Probably many as we use to have the whole event at Tally Ho until we outgrew it? Hopefully it will get back to it's previous glory? "Build it and they will come", vendors and the raffle that is.... We will be doing both this year but probably just the throw back next year if it pans out. Just too crowded last year ?? Last year some of the rides were too fast paced for us old folks. It's supposed to be a ride, not a race! Just don't like spending money to see vehicles that just rolled off the assembly line, but that's just me. However, I can certainly understand those that do..

I bet it'll be just as packed and just as good of a time as always

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is my first time and like you, my Bronco is not ready to attend.
I mean, I could trailer it up, but I might be accused of being Fred Sanford. Lol
Several years back, "clarence" brought his rolling frame to the show, it was a big hit!!! A lot of folks had never seen a roller before!!! Just saying!!!:cool::cool::cool:
I would love to see a row or two of mid builds, rolling chassis or what ever everyone else is building at the time. My current 77 has been a slow process and I’ve been to way to many Super Cels as a spectator. I feel like a private builders display would bring something great to the show for the old school folks. The conversation was brought up about this for May it Forward, which I had planned last year until work decided otherwise. At this point I don’t have a way to trailer it but I’d sure try. It’s a Mecca of personal feedback from all of you. How could anyone pass on that?
Now that you mention it. I think a lot of folks would like to see a restore in progress. I would consider bringing it, if I didn't have addition travel destinations planned on this trip.
Same here. I could bring the chassis for a what's under the skin display.
Count on it! Gonna trailer mine there, I'm sure it won't be done. Got a room booked at Tally Ho and a slide in camper on the back of the truck. May gonna try for both, but Throwback my first choice.

Jaybr

Contributor
Question about registration since this will be my first major Bronco event. I won't be bringing a Bronco as neither are ready, but I will be staying at the Tally Ho and attending at least Saturday. Is there a registration for just attendees? I'd like to attend the barbecue and at east get a tee shirt and don't mind paying just not sure the best way.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
In the past there has been no admission for spectators, I think the bar-b-que is for participants, don't know if you can buy tickets for that??? Don't know about t-shirts??? :cool: :cool: :cool:

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Just throwing this out there. I’m a local to this area and anyone traveling in that has any issues are welcome to give me a call for help. I can pickup parts in town, fix “plug” a flat and air it back up, or bring tools for a repair. Glad to help if needed. I’ll be available all of the throwback weekend and during the mornings for supercel weekend.
Bret Gilliland
865-441-2100

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just throwing this out there. I’m a local to this area and anyone traveling in that has any issues are welcome to give me a call for help. I can pickup parts in town, fix “plug” a flat and air it back up, or bring tools for a repair. Glad to help if needed. I’ll be available all of the throwback weekend and during the mornings for supercel weekend.
Bret Gilliland
865-441-2100
Thank you, that's the spirit! Turns out I will NOT be bringing the Bronc - too many loose ends and issues. If I were to bring it, I'd have you on speed dial!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you, that's the spirit! Turns out I will NOT be bringing the Bronc - too many loose ends and issues. If I were to bring it, I'd have you on speed dial!
Well...well. .. I know it's hard to give up on it, but there's next year!....Just keep at it Howard!

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well...well. .. I know it's hard to give up on it, but there's next year!....Just keep at it Howard!
Thanks Dennis. It was a very tough choice, just had too many balls in the air to do it within an acceptable level of comfort. Thanks for being a buddy.

Jaybr

Contributor
We got in this evening. Staying at the Talley Ho and driving a light green/gray Tundra. Say hello if you see me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
My wife and I pulled in late last night. Staying at the River Breeze Inn and driving a white Tacoma Sport. With classicbroncos.com sticker in the rear window. Looking forward to meeting many of you today!