• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tom's Bronco Parts is now TOMS OFFROAD (We can explain)

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
PLEASE update your links to tomsoffroad.com and email contacts to @tomsoffroad.com. We are unsure how long the tomsbroncoparts.com links and emails will continue to work.

NEW website domain for Tom's Bronco Parts

We know a lot of early Bronco fans out there are noticing that Tom's Bronco Parts is now going by the name TOMS OFFROAD and likely have a lot of questions about this change. Was Tom's Bronco Parts bought out or under new management? Has Tom's Bronco Parts decided to start selling parts for vehicles other than Broncos? Is TOMS OFFROAD going to focus just on offroad parts now? These and other questions abound, and we are here to set the record straight.

Let's attack the first and foremost question on everyone's mind. “What happened to Tom's Bronco Parts?” For the past 45 years, Tom's Bronco Parts has taken the lead as many early Bronco fans' primary source for parts and accessories for their 1966-77 Ford Bronco. Tom's Bronco Parts has become known over the years for a focus on customer service and providing high quality parts at highly competitive prices. This Tom's Bronco Parts is going nowhere. The simple truth is that Ford Motor Company owns the exclusive rights in the automotive industry for the term “Bronco” under trademark laws. Though Tom's Bronco Parts used that term for the past 45 years as part of our business name along with several other early Bronco parts vendors, the term “Bronco” is owned by Ford in this market and they have the option to allow or not to allow use of this term by other companies. With Ford's release of the new 2021 Ford Bronco, they decided that it was no longer in their interest to allow companies such as Tom's Bronco Parts to continue use of the Bronco term in their company names and website domains. This is why the company formerly known as Tom's Bronco Parts is now TOMS OFFROAD.

Now that this is out of the way, we can address additional questions you may have about the new TOMS OFFROAD brand. First off, TOMS OFFROAD is not under new management, has not sold out and has no intention of ever selling out. We love what we do and we are proud of the legacy that we have created as your go to Ford Bronco parts supplier since 1976. We have seen a lot of solid niche brands get swallowed up by the big corporations over the years only to sacrifice the quality of their goods and services. TOMS OFFROAD is and will always be primarily focused on parts and accessories for 1966-77 Ford Broncos, and we plan to do so as a fully independent company to ensure we can continue providing top quality Bronco parts an top-notch customer service.

This brings us to the next question of whether TOMS OFFROAD will be selling parts for vehicles other than Broncos. The simple answer is that this is up to you. As long as we can maintain a thriving company with our 66-77 Ford Bronco parts business, we see no reason and have no desire to expand our offering outside what made us who we are today. That's not to say we won't offer parts for classic Ford trucks that are easily available or cross-reference with Bronco parts we already offer. But our primary focus has always been and will always be offering great parts and accessories for the first generation Ford Bronco. We say this is up to you, because it is you as our loyal customers who have provided us with the ability to do what we do. As long as we have your continued support, we will be here to offer the parts you need for your classic Ford Bronco.

Now let's address the question “Is TOMS OFFROAD going to focus just on offroad parts now?” That's a legitimate question given the name choice we made in renaming ourselves from Tom's Bronco Parts. The simple answer is no, we will still be offering and developing great parts for all early Bronco enthusiasts whether your Bronco is a daily driver, a trailer queen or a trail terminator. On the other hand, changing our name to TOMS OFFROAD has renewed our sense of urgency to continue evolving in our offroad performance side of the business. We have been revamping our suspension components and drivetrain offerings for the early Ford Bronco with the plan of offering the best quality offroad components for early Broncos anywhere on the market.

Finally, the question “What's up with the TBP brand and why not use that instead of TOMS OFFROAD?” TBP isn't going anywhere, but it is also getting revisited. With the name change to TOMS OFFROAD, we felt it was necessary to retain a brand that also appeals to the daily driver Bronco owner. This is where TBP will take the wheel with the introduction of our new sub-brand TBP Originals. The TBP in TBP Originals stands for “Tom's Best Parts.” Bronco parts in the TBP Originals line are exclusively made for TOMS OFFROAD. Parts in this line are factory style replacement parts that we feel meet or exceed the quality standards found on original equipment.

We hope this article answers several of your open questions about Tom's Bronco Parts' transition to TOMS OFFROAD. It's human nature to be uncomfortable or upset with change. We are feeling the pains of this change as much if not more than anyone else, but we are also looking at this as an opportunity to dig deep into who we are and why we do what we do. We are excited about moving forward and taking our company, our products and our service to a new level. We want to thank everyone in the Bronco family for all your support...past, present and especially future. The Bronco community has always come through for us in a big way, and we are eternally grateful for all of you.

-Tom & Staff

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad you are still kicking and going strong as always. And shame on ford.. how stoopid after all these years.

Thanks for the update. We all appreciate what you and your team do for all of us fanatics..

OP
OP
tomsoffroad76

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Glad you are still kicking and going strong as always. And shame on ford.. how stoopid after all these years.

Thanks for the update. We all appreciate what you and your team do for all of us fanatics..

Appreciate the support. We'll get by just fine. Just gotta make sure everyone still knows how to find us when the dust settles.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I’ve been a customer since Toms was Ed’s 4X4. You’ve alway done me right, and have saved my bacon a number of times. This name change shouldn’t be an issue, since most of us refer to you as just “Toms” anyway.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Ford leadership with their heads up their asses and greed, now those using Bronco in their name get crapped on for keeping the legacy alive. Ford cares about NOTHING other than your money, anything else is wishful thinking.

They did the same to most of the Mustang guys years ago. Though with Mustang at least they had kept the brand alive.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Through the years we have seen countless threads about what happened to company x,y or z. Eventually someone gives what information they know, then the rumor mill starts.

Thank you for stepping up and getting the information out to your current and potential customer. This is what a company that cares about it's customers should be doing.

Please keep a presence on this and other sites.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I can tell you what, I don't plan on buying a new Bronco after this...

To think you can come back after all these years (unlike Wrangler), offer no support for these classic rigs...your V8 solutions are Coyote or a stupidly designed 7.3 with an erection for a throttle body and then go after mom and pop shops for keeping a name alive and the spirit alive?

If it wasn't for the vendors keeping these rigs on the road, there would be no fad, there would be no hipster dork video movement because most of these rigs would be INOPERABLE. Ford offered zero support...they're like the father who left the family and then comes back and wants to claim stake...ya, I get the fact that they can but they can pound sand.

Who has a first gen blazer they want to trade for my Bronco...at least I can LS swap it with a crazy amount of factory backed support.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I recently bought a reproduction stock Gas Tank From TOMS OFFROAD Great part and great Price delivered quick and packaged well Thank You for your service. I dont buy allot of parts these days like I did 20 years ago but you were there for me when i needed you. thank you for being here for us. live Long and prosper. Are you planning to add 2021 Fake Bronco parts to your line when they become available and are you planning stuff for it?

Hey Ford Thanks for nothing go choke on your chips.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX

To think you can come back after all these years (unlike Wrangler), offer no support for these classic rigs...your V8 solutions are Coyote or a stupidly designed 7.3 with an erection for a throttle body and then go after mom and pop shops for keeping a name alive and the spirit alive?

If it wasn't for the vendors keeping these rigs on the road, there would be no fad, there would be no hipster dork video movement because most of these rigs would be INOPERABLE. Ford offered zero support...they're like the father who left the family and then comes back and wants to claim stake...ya, I get the fact that they can but they can pound sand.

Who has a first gen blazer they want to trade for my Bronco...at least I can LS swap it with a crazy amount of factory backed support.

couldn't have said it any better. Shame on Ford

mebco09

Exactly, well said.

Another bright idea from Ford.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
That must be before my time... I remember it as Rusty’s 4x4!

You're right. It was Rusty's.
They saved my salmon fishing trip when I stripped the axle splines on the trac-loc rear on my way to Roseburg OR.
They had an axle and third member waiting for me when I got there.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Pretty crappy thing for Ford to do after 45 years. As someone said, TOMS BRONCO PARTS and other vendors kept the brand alive while Ford was focused on more important projects, like the FIESTA and PROBE.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Ford is being very shortsighted and heavy handed in their treatment of the companies that kept the Bronco brand alive. If it wasn’t for Tom’s BRONCO Parts and the other vendors their wouldn’t have been anything worth reviving. (Not to mention all the owners who’s time, money and effort kept these classics in the public eye).

The sad part is - where does it end? Who’s next in the bullseye....,this forum, ClassicBroncos.com? Bronco SuperCelebration, Bronco Driver Magazine, Bronco Roundup, Safari etc? So far they’ve aligned themselves with the SuperCelebration events, which conveniently (for Ford) allowed access to introduce the new lineup to a receptive audience. How long will that last?

Garrett, Tom and all the fine folks at Toms Bronco Parts and the other vendors too - thanks for the upfront explanation and all the support you’ve provided for 45 years and counting.

Oh and Garrett, better get that line under your name off of there and change the eBay name, or the Bronco police might get after you%)

Attachments

• C41BF960-34E1-4E80-B8B6-1BA467D71292.jpg
    C41BF960-34E1-4E80-B8B6-1BA467D71292.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 59

No Hay

Bronco Guru

Ditto! Great to hear Tom's will be moving forward!

My current and last Bronco were delivered to and have always resided in OR and WA so they are mostly all TBP equipped I'm happy to say.

More evidence Ford really hasn't cared about the true fans/enthusiasts over the years, or now, but more about themselves. I haven't been a fan of them in quite some time.

There are at least two popular stores in Portland that sell and consign collectable Chevrolet's that still use "Chevy" in their business name. I'm a past customer and big fan of "The Chevy Store" there.

TNcowboy

Ford would have garnered so much more good will by grandfathering in those businesses with Bronco in their business name prior to (let's say) 2020 than they'll gain by this draconian move.

Pretty lame when under the guise of protecting your copyright you shoot yourself in the foot

OP
OP
tomsoffroad76

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
We really do appreciate all the support and feedback and yes we were Rusty's 4x4 back in the day not Ed's ;) Back then, we actually ran two shops in one which was Rusty's Gear Drive & 4x4 for the gear and engine shop and Tom's Bronco Parts for the Bronco shop. First instinct was to go back to using the Rusty's name, but unfortunately there's a J**p company out there using too close of a name and we don't want anyone thinking we're headed in that direction, lol!

SavageBurro

Sorry you guys have to deal with this and shame on Ford. I too have been a customer of Toms for about 30 years. While Toms staff have always been knowledgeable, and extremely customer service oriented I will attest that in recent years your knowledge, experience and willingness to explore new product development and bring offroad support to the next level is spectacular.