• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PA Trail cover

jmhend

Bronco Guru
City: Bethlehem
I am looking for a trail cover. Shoot me a pm if you have one.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I heard that the gen 6 two door cover fits can anyone confirm that if I can't find one?

Something like this is what I am looking for.

9ae12a446e3d1ce140c7f10230c6b055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
POSSIBLY: Buy a full size cover and cut it (a bit big to fit) like your picture and take it to an upholstery shop, Amish buggy shop (if near you) or boat top place and have them sew it up/add the straps for you??? Lots of Amish places where I live that could probably do that fairly inexpensively.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
POSSIBLY: Buy a full size cover and cut it (a bit big to fit) like your picture and take it to an upholstery shop, Amish buggy shop (if near you) or boat top place and have them sew it up/add the straps for you??? Lots of Amish places where I live that could probably do that fairly inexpensively.
That’s , I did go to a boat shop but the have zero interest. Hoping some either has one or knows of a place that is interested in making them.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
You can buy covers fairly cheap, I have 4 Harley covers, you can do your own, does your wife sew?

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
You can buy covers fairly cheap, I have 4 Harley covers, you can do your own, does your wife sew?
She does not. I went to the boat upholstery shop and asked them what type of sewing machine they used. I figured heck I’ll try it if no one else will.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Thanks brother. I stole a quick pick of my buddy’s. He is a little closer.

broncojohn

@tasker in the process of making a few of them and had a question about materials. Does the inside of the cover have cushion or wear pads by the windshield frame or any other areas. Thanks John

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NO PADS...it is just the back side of the material which, to it's credit, has never rubbed through

broncojohn

Thank you @tasker I should have one sewed up by the end of the week. I’m just waiting on some webbing buckle bits. I have stainless steel ones we use on the boats but want to use plastic ..

When I make my ski boat covers I put rub pads on the windshield area and corners not to scratch the gel coat or frame and keep it from wearing thru.
I’m making this one out of 10oz material and so hoping I put it into a bag and can bring it along when I don’t have a top.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Can take some pics when I get home of the underside if needed
DID FIND some additional pics of it through the years....(project truck before cage install....but you get the idea)

Attachments

• 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6aZM3SemyBKsUO8-TtEEd8J.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6aZM3SemyBKsUO8-TtEEd8J.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6aMYtvOlNhyw0nOd32Ab-FF.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6aMYtvOlNhyw0nOd32Ab-FF.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 8
  • 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6YpjrCzi-2PIV1iNDEM_2ct.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6YpjrCzi-2PIV1iNDEM_2ct.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

broncojohn

That would be awesome and much appreciated. I made a pattern from the pictures I have seen just like you would do for hotrod or boat top. Mine will be a single piece from lower windshield to lower tailgate. The sides will be mirrored bronco images and sewed with a feld seam .

I can’t see how the webbing attaches to the materials and does it have a tail on the ends to help it stretch the cover front to rear. I think I will reinforce the area with some heavy leather or plastic as well.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Following as I’ll need 2 for a pair of full cage trucks with hard tops coming and going…..

I recommend reinforcing the corners where the w/s corner is. Even if just an extra layer or 2 of the 10pz fabric, that would be enough.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey john, here's some pics of my straps, not sure that's what you're asking,??? Mine is similar to tasker's, only longer to fit my rig.:oops::rolleyes::oops:

Attachments

• IMG_4673.JPG
    IMG_4673.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4672.JPG
    IMG_4672.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4671.JPG
    IMG_4671.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4674.JPG
    IMG_4674.JPG