• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube Obstacle at Ocotillo

Bundy

Bronco Guru
how come he didn't use his gears coming down it? I haven't seen it in person but it sure looks intimidating.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
I would guess keeping the heavier front end moving would be the preferred route going down something that short & steep. Keeps the ass end from coming over the top! I think you'd have to surgically remove the driver's seat from my ass after that!!!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
how come he didn't use his gears coming down it? I haven't seen it in person but it sure looks intimidating.

That's cool he made it, and being the first. Good bragging rights for us.

Something steep and short like that, your better off letting it roll out. Your forward inertia will help keep you going straight and keep the back wheels in contact with the ground. It's an uneasy feeling, but it keep you off the lid.
Mark

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I would guess keeping the heavier front end moving would be the preferred route going down something that short & steep. Keeps the ass end from coming over the top! I think you'd have to surgically remove the driver's seat from my ass after that!!!

I am with you on that

OP
OP
nik

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
From the vids, doesn't look that bad.... Reminds me of the launching pad in Moab, short and very steep.

Yea the vids do not do it justice, in person it looks much steeper. A lot of people that went to Bronco Daze this year got to see it in person....I know someone has pictures somewhere of rigs messing around on it

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Was just there on the way home from baja and that sucker is steep, but he had the wheelbase to make it look easy. Wouldn't even try it in my stock wheelbase.

broncojnke

Hi guy's it's my rig and believe it or not there is still a lot of Bronco left. The frame is only cut where the rear bumps were. Most of the floor, all of the fire wall, front door jambs, stock dana 20, np435. The length of the body from tail gate to grill is stock. The frame sits at 23" from the ground, just like a 3" lift.
I tried to get them to name it Bronco peak, but the state had already spent money on signs that say cross over peak, LAME.
Here's a link to some of the build
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994828&highlight=broncojnke+build

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I made it over and it was a piece of cake. For some reason my camera stopped working and didn't get any of the shots of me actually making it over the top ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D You'll just have to use your imagination ;)

The video doesn't do any justice to how tall and steep it is.

Attachments

• DSCF4860.jpg
    DSCF4860.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF4863.jpg
    DSCF4863.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF4897.jpg
    DSCF4897.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 21