• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Updating a 66 with 74 parts?

fordwheeler

Loc.
Nashville
So I have a 74 still sitting around that was running and driving fine before we switched to the 66 half cab. I'm replacing the 6 cyl with the 302 and tranny from the 74 but is there anything else you guys would update as I have the stuff laying around?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So I have a 74 still sitting around that was running and driving fine before we switched to the 66 half cab. I'm replacing the 6 cyl with the 302 and tranny from the 74 but is there anything else you guys would update as I have the stuff laying around?

Don't take this wrong as there's nothing wrong with a 66 but if the 74 is in good shape (running and driving fine), I would take the half cab off the 66 (and the bench seat if it has it) and put that in the 74.

If not an option then as stated, put the dana 44 under the 66 along with the PS steering setup and the wipers.

Tim

OP
OP
fordwheeler

fordwheeler

Loc.
Nashville
Don't take this wrong as there's nothing wrong with a 66 but if the 74 is in good shape (running and driving fine), I would take the half cab off the 66 (and the bench seat if it has it) and put that in the 74.

If not an option then as stated, put the dana 44 under the 66 along with the PS steering setup and the wipers.

Tim

Yea I'm not sure if I want to Frankenstein it to the point in which I change the frame. I plan on keeping it pretty stock except for a possible lift and bigger shoes. Keeping it uncut

bmbm

six removal

You can sell some of you six parts to classicinlines.com. The owner Mike buys rocker arms, balancers and Autolite carbs. Some members on fordsix.com maybe interested in the carb spacer, air cleaner and other parts. If your six is a 200 and running there may be an interest also what is your location. People on fordsix.com are often looking for good used engines.