• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air Gen V Install

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
When I put that hose end there inwasnt sure if I wanted a 45° or a 90° and I had not yet put the steering box in. I had bought both and the 45° wasn't ideal so maybe it was good in the long run. Nice that I already had the 90°.

All fixed.

IMG_7643.jpeg

I'll just need to test and fill again and add oil this time, which is fine since I wanted uv dye in the system anyway.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Nothin is ever easy is it.
Haha, not for me! If something is gonna happen, it's gonna happen to me. If there's a problem in some system, I will find it!!!

I like pushing things to their limits and I have great luck in most parts of life, but there are a few things I've had to learn to accept.

When going someplace with a line, I'm lucky and will get there right before the long line, but I will be seated right next to the most annoying group ever, every time.

The hose has been sitting under vacuum and I'm sure it's good. I made the crimp a little closer to the edge this time and I also clamped it as far as I possibly could.

Really wasn't too bad. The bad part was that oil all over the floor and stuff...gotta make sure I clean the area it leaked before I start the engine again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I did two in the console and two in the dash.
IMG_7539.jpeg

Also have to say, I know these Vintage Air billet vents are you expensive, but man are they top notch. Really nice. They don't really explain that they are billet aluminum.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That rig is so sweet, are you gonna go old school Zapco on your stereo system?
You've went "pimp" the whole time.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
That rig is so sweet, are you gonna go old school Zapco on your stereo system?
You've went "pimp" the whole time.
haha, thanks! So, the head unit as I mentioned in a couple other threads is an Android head unit. Did that so I can run an alt dashboard connected to the ecu and also acts like an android tablet, but it's also got both wired and wireless Carplay and Android Auto, and a full stereo everything.

For an Amp, I got a nice little high powered amp from DS18, I have speakers for the doors, I have an under seat powered sub and I'm just trying to get a few more things done before installing those and figuring out my rear speakers as well. Not sure how I want those. Don't really want the rear panels...might be too much with my theme but not sure yet.

Open to suggestions!!!

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My buddy was very good friends with Robert Zeff.
He helped me design a system for my VW bus, very similar to a bronco: lots of glass and tin.
Not sure if your running a steel hardtop or not.
It took many speakers to make the bus sound as if the band was literally behind you playing.
So you have your bass, your doors will have mids. I would place tweets about 18-36 inches from your ears.
The icing on the cake is in the type of vehicle configuration (lots of open space and glass) Your gonna need upper mid bass.
Zeff explained to my buddy that when the sound wave hits glass it shatters the sound.
Big learning curve and had to modify the system twice, but it is very pleasant on the ears and superb sound quality.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
If you put the drain hose where I did, don't make it too long. It's notbverybheat tolerant close to the exhaust. It must've curved down once heat hit it and that made it go right against the exhaust.

View attachment 920693
You probably did but be sure to use a piece of wire to partially squeeze the end of the tube to a slender oval to help keep dirt and bugs out of the tube. I know if I leave a tube open like that for more than 2 days a mud dobber will fill it up with mud.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Good to know. I cut it shorter and it still curved down some more towards the exhaust and closed a bit itself.

Hoping it's good as it is and if not, I might change the tubing at some point since this is clearly not the best to be anywhere near heat.
My buddy was very good friends with Robert Zeff.
He helped me design a system for my VW bus, very similar to a bronco: lots of glass and tin.
Not sure if your running a steel hardtop or not.
It took many speakers to make the bus sound as if the band was literally behind you playing.
So you have your bass, your doors will have mids. I would place tweets about 18-36 inches from your ears.
The icing on the cake is in the type of vehicle configuration (lots of open space and glass) Your gonna need upper mid bass.
Zeff explained to my buddy that when the sound wave hits glass it shatters the sound.
Big learning curve and had to modify the system twice, but it is very pleasant on the ears and superb sound quality.
I don't have the highest hopes for actually hearing my stereo over the sound of my engine with the top off, but the amp is a tiny 1600 watt beast so ya never know. One can hope!

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
So do you have a dash, and if so is it covered in Tom’s Walnut or just black? Our Bronco’s are almost identical colors, and thanks to you similar center consoles. Here’s a pic of my backend where you can see what custom panels and speakers could look like.

11083358-2256-4E72-97A0-267CD8C836D9.jpeg

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
So do you have a dash, and if so is it covered in Tom’s Walnut or just black? Our Bronco’s are almost identical colors, and thanks to you similar center consoles. Here’s a pic of my backend where you can see what custom panels and speakers could look like.

View attachment 921309
Nice work there! Did you have a local shop make those? What did they run you? What did you do for the door panel?