• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air Gen V?

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Are these vintage air part numbers? I am attempting to use the explorer a/c compressor and not adding anything extra.
Yes, I’m planning on the Explorer compressor as well. They say you need a compressor adapter, which I did order #045017.

And sorry, answered that on my phone when I was running around…those are all VA part numbers and I ordered direct from them because of how I’m doing stuff but you can also order the individual parts through summit or Bronco shops.

Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
You guys keep doing a GREAT job researching all this... my plan for years has been to add AC to my DD/crawler and after putting around in my buddy's G6 at Moab since mine still doesn't have an engine (thanks Ford Performance) the ac blowing on my wife's legs made a HUGE difference for comfort.

I know mine has trail doors but when crawling but even at 4mph having some cold air hitting your legs might just be enough to feel like you aren't in a blast furnance. Be worth trying anyway.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
You guys keep doing a GREAT job researching all this... my plan for years has been to add AC to my DD/crawler and after putting around in my buddy's G6 at Moab since mine still doesn't have an engine (thanks Ford Performance) the ac blowing on my wife's legs made a HUGE difference for comfort.

I know mine has trail doors but when crawling but even at 4mph having some cold air hitting your legs might just be enough to feel like you aren't in a blast furnance. Be worth trying anyway.
Yeah, it’ll def still make a huge difference. Glad all my wasted time on stuff is helping someone…that’s the goal of posting stuff like this!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Yeah, it’ll def still make a huge difference. Glad all my wasted time on stuff is helping someone…that’s the goal of posting stuff like this!
Glad someone else is $pending all their ca$h to find out if something works besides me! lol

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Glad someone else is $pending all their ca$h to find out if something works besides me! lol
Oh boy am I ever! It’s ridiculous. I joked with a local Bronco buddy the other day that not only is this like a second job for me right now, but I’m also paying too dollar to work here!!!

It’s like everything you want to do these days costs $1500-$2500. Fine if you just want to do one or two things, but if you have like 15-20 things to do…ouch!

That first batch of stuff I bought from Vintage air was only $715…I was STOKED (until I realized I already bought a $500 controller, the vents I want are $167 each (x2), I bought the compressor, and then will have another $1k or so left for the condenser unit package. Hope it’s worth it.

Anything else you need tested? 😓

nvrstuk

Contributor
Quoted "Anything else you need tested? 😓 "

Nope, you're doing fine!! :)

I want it to work, fit in the tiny space we have and put out lots of heat when needed to melt ice off the windshield when it's 0 degrees out and I don't run doors sometimes year round but never have a back on my 1/2 cab so it's gotta be able to heat & cool the outdoors!

Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Glad someone else is spending all their cash to find out if something works besides me! lol....
Restomod Air for me... I went with their biggest unit made for land yachts - Haymaker S and made it fit...

Attachments

• 141482125_10219167666128594_3600291043176986058_o.jpg
    141482125_10219167666128594_3600291043176986058_o.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Need to check these out again. Thanks Mad!

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Yes, I’m planning on the Explorer compressor as well. They say you need a compressor adapter, which I did order #045017.

And sorry, answered that on my phone when I was running around…those are all VA part numbers and I ordered direct from them because of how I’m doing stuff but you can also order the individual parts through summit or Bronco shops.
Just skimming this thread... the fittings for an Explorer style compressor are widely available. VA sells the hose adapter as does BCB. That's what I'm running. Call Jason at BCB.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
@Mad.. great job on the custom right side intake. No way I was going to abandon the original intake myself, am using a heavily modded OEM style plastic intake but eventually I would like to do some sort of sheet metal intake incorporated with the cowl.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Forgot to update this thread...on the 17th, I asked again and they said they are 2 months off on the condenser unit.

I will prob have everything else done just waiting to put this and the dash in.

Big Slim

if i ever get to this project i was thinking of trying to make a flap to switch from fresh to recirc air with one of these websato cable y splitters. but is much smaller than heater opening. would also like to see one with cabin filter. but if i can get to it soon the genV looks good.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Forgot to update this thread...on the 17th, I asked again and they said they are 2 months off on the condenser unit.

I will prob have everything else done just waiting to put this and the dash in.
you can get condensers frome other auto AC vendors.

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
you can get condensers frome other auto AC vendors.
Ooops, thanks, I meant Evaporator unit! I have the condenser and everything else which there is no change in. And I could get the Gen V Evap unit and figure out my own mounting and if it were the only thing I were waiting for I prob would but my list of to-do's seems to constantly grow.

I am making progress on things though. 🍻

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Vintage Air Gen V has been released. They said they would call me when released but they did not. I just checked the page, saw it, called and placed my order direct.

I wish they didn't take so long to process orders, but at least it's in!

OP
OP
ba123

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Surprisingly quicker on the shipping this time around…my Gen V unit should be delivered Friday.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Going to do a build thread on it for "us"? :)

Be great to see it go together & your input on it along the way!

Hint... lol