• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Washer nozzles

Torkman66

Contributor
Pre-paint, I overlooked the need to drill holes in hood for washer nozzles. Before I do it, I’d like to hear any suggestions for how others might have done/modified the nozzles. I’m not wed to the stock ones and would use other nozzles if there are better options. Thoughts/ideas?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
If you currently have washer nozzles, pick a spot, pretty much any spot, as long as it’s 7” away from the edge of the hood. They can be adjusted to put water on the windshield in the spot you want it. Hope this helps

Randy

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
Thanks for the link. Would also like to see a mod for putting the nozzles into the blades so I don’t have to drill hood.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I have been playing around with different types of newer wiper arms and a lot of them have the spray nozzle attached to the arm. Search this site for the Cherokee wiper arm conversion. https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/cherokee-wiper-arm-swap.130212/
How do you run the water tubing from the fluid reservoir to the wiper arms? I bought a Cherokee conversion complete with tubing. Haven’t installed it asi have not figured out the washer tubing.

Randy

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Randy, that's a great question! I hadn't even considered how-to until last night when I recalled that Bronco wipers (Chreokee or not) are mounted ABOVE the windshield and wired through the windshield frame. I suppose some enterprising young buck with some gumption and grey matter could do the same with the water tubing, possibly from the passenger side. I myself didn't have the faintest idea on how-to so I just moved the wipers to the Australian side to simplify things.
1714558841963.jpeg

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Randy, that's a great question! I hadn't even considered how-to until last night when I recalled that Bronco wipers (Chreokee or not) are mounted ABOVE the windshield and wired through the windshield frame. I suppose some enterprising young buck with some gumption and grey matter could do the same with the water tubing, possibly from the passenger side. I myself didn't have the faintest idea on how-to so I just moved the wipers to the Australian side to simplify things.
View attachment 924480
Wait….what….??? Australian side? How the heck did you move the wipers that the bottom? You got a build thread on that? Would love to have (I think) wipers on the bottom.

Randy

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
window washer nozzles. I believe they are called "owl eyes" from honda civic i think..