• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

weiand 4 bbl and edelbrock 1405 carb ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
hey folks , i will have a weiand small block manifold , excellerator, open throat , and a edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb for sale , both are in good shape , running recently ,,
i am going to edelbrock ,duall plane , and possibly a 500 cfm carb ,, so now these are up fer grabs ,, both are in great condition ,,,

Last edited:

Bronkster

So what you have is a 4bbl aluminum intake with carb? How did it do on the trail, incline decline, loading up etc. I have a stock 289 that I would like to get more power out of.

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
So what you have is a 4bbl aluminum intake with carb? How did it do on the trail, incline decline, loading up etc. I have a stock 289 that I would like to get more power out of.

yes ,, it is a open plenum aluminumn manifold , with the 1405 ,600 cfm edelbrock carburator ,, it is an ok set up , but i have a weird gear situation , which makes me lug around alot , and this system is a mid to high range set up ,,, if you have a granny gear ,, or a low ,, first ,, it will do just fine ,, allowing the engine to run some where in the 1500 rpm range and above ,, it will be perfect ,, mine is in the 800 rpm ,, so it really doesnt like that too much ,,,

as far as power going down the road ,,it is a beautyful set up ,,, i made 18 mpg with it ,,, basicly i guess i am too lazy to rejet it to fit my particular situation ,,, and bought a new set up ,,, as far as trail bog , or flooding ,, i didnt have a big problem there ,,, but didnt do much of it either ,,,

Bronkster

I have 4:88's front and rear with a twin stick on a dana 20 so I have 2 low, so it might just be the ticket. Are you in need of anything that might have some trade value?

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
I have 4:88's front and rear with a twin stick on a dana 20 so I have 2 low, so it might just be the ticket. Are you in need of anything that might have some trade value?

well ,, i am looking for several things ,,, a dana 44 front carrier for the 456 gears ,, a twin stick set for my dana 20 ,, t operated case , i am putting together parts for the 435 swap ,, need the adapter ,, have the trans and the 6 cylinder parts ,,,

aslo due to a rotten set of heads on my motor ,, i think it wasnt pulling like it could have ,, even with the gears as they are ,, a sick motor , doesnt run up to snuff ,, like it should any way ,,, but i am currently fixin that stuff as i write this ,,,, why does it seem that i am always waiting on parts ? ;D

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
here are a few pics of it ,, it is a bit dirty , i havent gotten to spiff it up yet ,,,

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
i am trying to remember how to do this pitcher thing ,, bear with me ,,,

Attachments

• manifoldandcarb.jpg
    manifoldandcarb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34
  • manifoldandcarb2.jpg
    manifoldandcarb2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 16
  • manifoldandcarb3.jpg
    manifoldandcarb3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 21
  • manifoldandcarb4.jpg
    manifoldandcarb4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 30
  • manifoldandcarb5.jpg
    manifoldandcarb5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 22

Bronkster

Is it a manual or electric choke? Most of the parts I have are stock items that I've upgraded. I do have a chrome roll bar though.

Bronkster

OK a couple more questions and I'll make a decision. Does it fit under the hood, or did you have to use a scoop for clearance? What about the air filter, can I just use an after market and have it clear the hood? Thanks.

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
it did fit under the hood , it is tight , you cant get all carried away with a fat air filter ,, but it did fit ,, now if you have some soft body bushings ,, it might be tight ,,, easy way , is to just lift the body ,,,takes about an hour ,, and makes everything clear ,,, you can get filters that are inset , that sit down around the carb , by about two inches ,,, those work good also ,,,,
i put a 4 inch body lift on mine ,, so i have no clearance problems, i do have a scoop , but it is not cut out ,,,, one day i will probly cut it , and make some kind of heat exchanger , sucker fan , to exhaust the engine bay from heat ,, but i dunno ,, it is too much thinking ,, and too little doing in my case !!!

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
I have a t shift case and adaptor from a 3 speed that it was attached to .It is missing the inspection cover as it had a PTO setup on it that I sold.Located in SC if interisted

OP
OP
mr incredible

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
I have a t shift case and adaptor from a 3 speed that it was attached to .It is missing the inspection cover as it had a PTO setup on it that I sold.Located in SC if interisted

hey dude , well i think the shipping would kill me as i am in oregon . thanks any how !!

Status
Not open for further replies.