• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What am I doing wrong.

OP
OP
bannind

bannind

I rejetted from 56's to some 53's I found laying around. Between either that or swapping out my float for a new one, life is much better. I still have a little fine tuning to get it right, but it just acts like a bronco should now.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
That 4070 pump may be pushing a lot of fuel forward if you can regulate it down.. I'd try that ..mine was the fuel valve in the floor leaking so I took it out of the fllor and did away with it ...I have one son who doesn't like the bronco ....
IT'S not new. no ac.you have to get out to put it in 4x4... He got in it the other day to ride thru the pasture and said gosh this thing stinks ..of gas ..I haven't smelled it in a year...
''TO EACH HIS OWN ''.............

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I doubt its the 4070 I've run one on 2V and 4V carbs and neverhad a single problem.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
that 4070 pump I thought would pump about 7 lb of pressure ..if your not working it or pulling you dont need but about 3 lbs so you might be pushing to much thru the carb.

OP
OP
bannind

bannind

just an update.

I did the 'take off the lid and turn the switch on' and let the fuel head on up to the carb... and 'pppfffftttt' fuel everywhere. It is blowing past the needle like there nothing there. I took it all off and put a rebuild kit on it.. Same thing. So now I am off to Schmucks to buy a fuel pressure regulator. What setting will I want to put the regulator at and where would people suggest I mount it? Near the FP?

thanks,
dan

Last edited:
OP
OP
bannind

bannind

And another update.

Picked up a 'spectre' regulator at schmucks and got it inline. if it is set at the '3' setting, the float and needle shut it all down correctly. At 4 there is a little seapage and at 5 it looks like a gyser(spelling?) Will approx 3 psi be enough for around town or is there something else I can help do?

thanks,
dan