• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color do I paint my bumpers???

Ranger345

Loc.
Omaha, Ne
I'm going to paint my 73 orginal color I think its call paint code Z or hot copper metalic. Anyways I could paint the bumpers (ProFab) black and be like everyone else or I could paint them the color of brown that is in my seats its a darkish brown to match. I would also paint the fender flares the same color to match. WHAT DO THINK??? ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP!!

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
If your seats are brown then paint to match. If you don't like the color combo the re paint them black. Thats what I would do.
Cory,

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I take it they are not stock bumpers....? and black and stock chrome are out of the question...? How about a bone white powder coat?

OP
OP
R

Ranger345

Loc.
Omaha, Ne
thanks for the input!! I think the white would stand out too much with the copper color. i thought about it though.

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
I would go with a nice shade of teal blue:eek:
Just kiddin

I like the idea of the brown to match the seats. If you don't like it paint it black.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've got a 74 Ranger in a similar color (Code R Ginger Metallic). I think you will have a hard time finding any color other than a fairly neutral color that will look good with it. I have used "Cast Iron" for some trim pieces such as bumpers, roll bars, flares, etc. It's a nice matte grey and touches up very well. I think it's made by Dupli-Color and is available in a spray can at most auto parts stores.

EBSTEVE

Loc.
Everett WA
I'm going to paint my 73 orginal color I think its call paint code Z or hot copper metalic.

Sounds like you don't need my input from that statement, but here goes for fun. I always like flat black for bumpers so when you grind them on something wheeling it's easy to touch up ;D

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
White always looks good against copper. Are you painting the center of the grille a different color? If so, paint the bumpers the same color as the center of the grille and tailgate.