• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What type of hardware hold the mirror on doors?

74bronk

Contributor
Looking for proper hardware to mount this mirror to doors (1974) any help appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 9

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
You're going to want to put a support plate behind the sheet metal to do it right. Just get anything...aluminum is easy and will work fine.

I bought a pre-made backing plate set for my stock style mirrors from Agaso and like them, but that's for that style. Would be easy to make, I just felt like buying.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were your pre-made plates pre-threaded ba? Or had nuts welded to them perhaps? Got pics to post up here?
Seems like nut-serts would be a minimum. But I always like the idea of reinforcement, so making some nut-plates, if you don't want to buy the plates like ba did, would be a good move.
The lower mount looks like it's on a relatively flat surface, but the top mount might need to be just a narrow piece of metal to avoid the curve.

Do you have any pictures of those mirrors installed? Looks like the holes were already there maybe? Or did you just now get them laid out?

Paul

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I've heard people have issues with mirrors coming loose, so I used locknuts. Was a bit of a pain holding them while I tighten, but i did it without windows installed so at least possible. Otherwise, you need a helper. They'll never come lose.

The agaso kit might have come with lockbuts as well but I didn't use their hardware since it was shiny.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Agaso mirror backing plates are bent stainless with thru holes.

1709670297712.png
Like Ben said it is a long stretch and near impossible for one person to install with window installed.