• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What would an Outer Banks model include?

dougyounger

Contributor
Found a 2023 2 door Outer Banks model that interests me. This would be my daily driver. Almost exclusively street driving, few if any trails. It has the 2.3L engine with auto transmission. Leather-trimmed seats. Mid-package. Seems to check the boxes of what I want, I'm just not sure about the specific model.

What else can you tell me about the the Outer Banks model?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Found a 2023 2 door Outer Banks model that interests me. This would be my daily driver. Almost exclusively street driving, few if any trails. It has the 2.3L engine with auto transmission. Leather-trimmed seats. Mid-package. Seems to check the boxes of what I want, I'm just not sure about the specific model.

What else can you tell me about the the Outer Banks model?

Now Doug, don't you want to go wheeling with us soon. You need to get down to OCBR :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OP
OP
dougyounger

dougyounger

Contributor
Now Doug, don't you want to go wheeling with us soon. You need to get down to OCBR :)
I'd be happy to be a passenger while wheeling. Probably not going to wheel anything I own since I wouldn't be able to fix it myself. Hopefully if I get this new Bronco, I'll be more likely to show up at events!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'd be happy to be a passenger while wheeling. Probably not going to wheel anything I own since I wouldn't be able to fix it myself. Hopefully if I get this new Bronco, I'll be more likely to show up at events!

Sounds great :)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It's the only model with the painted flares, that scares a lot of folks off. They will get rock chips, mud flaps or no mud flaps.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The outer banks is truly more of a street model. Painted flares, mirrors and door handles. Plastic front and rear bumpers. Plastic skid plates. When ordered non SAS they have small tires with street tread. When ordered with the SAS package it gets you the 35s and black plastic flares but all the other things stay the same. The interior has a unique color pattern that depending on what body color you get can look really good or just look awkward. I will say the white looks good in the outer banks trim and the blue interior goes well with it. I looked at a two door outer banks SAS with a 2.3 and auto trans that was Argent silver gray color and the blue accented interior just didnt look right, and the plastic bumpers and skid plates also chased me away. I ended up getting a non SAS 2door black diamond in Hot Pepper Red and put a small lift and SAS wheels and tires on it. In my opinion it looks way better and does the same thing!

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I've had 2 outer banks, one with the optional modular type metal bumper, which btw came with metal skid plates. It was a mid package Bronco with a 4 cylinder. I currently have a high package, 6cyl, with the SAS package Outer Banks. I would have been fine with the first truck had it survived the rear ender, but alas it did not. The only things I had planned to do on the first truck was give it a 2" level kit and add 35's as I like that look better. Had purchased the kit and wheels/tires which were on its way when the accident occurred. My current newer replacement is shod with the wheel tire combo I was putting on the first truck. I would have been totally happy with that first 6g, even with it being School bus yellow.

Great drivers, I liked the 4 cylinder just fine in automatic. Truck isn't meant to tear up the pavement so the power was great. Yea, the new truck has a 6 cylinder but I keep it in Eco mode exclusively unless I'm out on a trail. I test drove a 4cyl standard when seeking a replacement, that thing shifted great... Better than the Ford Focus RS I was coming out of. I do not believe you would go wrong with the Outer Banks. For what its worth, my 2c.

OP
OP
dougyounger

dougyounger

Contributor
Pulled the trigger and bought the Outer Banks model. Looks good parked next to my 1977.

Definitely has a different feel when driving. Rides very nice on the highway. Everyone is loving the color.

Attachments

• IMG_E3547.JPG
    IMG_E3547.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023 bronco.jpg
    2023 bronco.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 12

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Pulled the trigger and bought the Outer Banks model. Looks good parked next to my 1977.

Definitely has a different feel when driving. Rides very nice on the highway. Everyone is loving the color.

Well Sh*t, that's the only other question I didn't ask on FB LOL Love that color for sure

OP
OP
dougyounger

dougyounger

Contributor
Cyber orange? sorry didn't want to search haha
This is Hot Pepper Red Metallic. It really appears different in different lighting conditions. In bright sunlight, it appears more orange/bronze. In lower light, it appears more red. If you look at my two photos in post 12, you can see a difference in the view from the back and the view from the side with the different lighting.

Everyone that has seen my new Bronco loves it and loves the color. There are many blue, black, and gray ones running around my town. This color really stands out as unique!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This is Hot Pepper Red Metallic. It really appears different in different lighting conditions. In bright sunlight, it appears more orange/bronze. In lower light, it appears more red. If you look at my two photos in post 12, you can see a difference in the view from the back and the view from the side with the different lighting.

Everyone that has seen my new Bronco loves it and loves the color. There are many blue, black, and gray ones running around my town. This color really stands out as unique!

I love it too brother. I think I asked this on FB too sorry :)