• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MA whats it worth 1971 EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
I have no idea what I can list this for. any thoughts would be appreciated. 1971 Bronco Sport 302, 3 speed converted to the floor. Uncut. with full Roll Bar.

Good: its got the core parts: doors, top, emblems, lights, original rear seat, etc
Good: has been a good running Bronco for the time Ive owned (15 years) it and Ive replaced a lot of core parts to have a decent summer driver: brakes, new carb, Toms Bronco hood shocks, etc. 4 Wheel Drive components were reconditioned a few years ago.

Bad: its rusty....no sugar coat here. this is an outdoor Bronco
Bad: I was cleaning the Bronco a year and a half ago and I dislodged some wires(wiring is original and has had issues every year with lights, etc). I never got it started because it was getting no power so I decided it needed a new harness. I decided this year I'm not going to do this and I dont want it to rot away so Im selling it.

located on Cape Cod.

sorry, I cant figure out how to insert photos but its in my avatar.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Honestly? 3 grand, but the "market fools" will push for 20...

Eoth

Bronco Guru
The amount of rust is probably the biggest factor. A lot to one person is minimal to the next. Pics help a lot... Complete rust buckets in running condition seem to start around 2K. Just needs new floorboards starts around 10K.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup really hard to say. Rust is a big deal. And drops the price a lot. And since it doesn't run it makes it even harder to sell.

Depending on how bad the rust is $3,000 to $6,000? If it ran maybe you could get a little more.

OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
This is all helpful. I was thinking $5K because I have so many parts, extra steering box, doors, etc. it’s not a junk yard truck which is what I think $3K gets someone

Im going to list it on craigslist

I’ll check PMs for people that might be interested or want pics

Thanks for the input

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
pics sent to me last night

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 502
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 533
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 471
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 460
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 456
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 473

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$5k is too cheap for today’s market. Someone is either going to get a great deal or flip it. You should probably do some research because you’re getting bad advice.

OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
thanks...this is my attempt at research. I was hoping the forums would be the most knowledgable people

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Places like EBay & Bring a trailer set the high water mark. I’m not sure why but enthusiast forums seem to set the low water mark when the question is asked. However, you don’t see those type of prices for a complete Bronco here or any where else when they’re for sale only when it’s hypothetical “what’s it worth”. Look for sold results here and on EBay. That’ll give you an idea.

OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
ok, i dont know how to update my listing....just to be clear: $5k for someone on ClassicBroncos. if a monitor wants to update the price feel free.

Im going to list it next week on Craigslist for $6k and try to filter out the losers and no shows. I wont sell it without someone seeing it. I think its rustier than the pics are showing - although Ill also restate that those are unedited photos but you got to look close

FroncoB-Ronco

Loc.
Strong Island, NY
Hi Friar93
I’m a Bronco enthusiast and member of Classic Broncos. And the MEB Club.
I’m interested in talking to you about buying the Bronco.
Thanks Frank - 516-443-8060

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This is all helpful. I was thinking $5K because I have so many parts, extra steering box, doors, etc. it’s not a junk yard truck which is what I think $3K gets someone

Im going to list it on craigslist

I’ll check PMs for people that might be interested or want pics

Thanks for the input

Won't hurt to start w/that.. see where it goes

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
8 to 10?.... with no PS PB and drums up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.