• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MA whats it worth 1971 EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
i just responded to all messages. sorry I dropped off for a while, I was using my personal email and not checking the PMs, selling just wasnt a priority but I have a week or so to get it done now.

thanks

OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
sorry anyone that was interested, it sold within two hours of being on Craigslist.

Rangerbj

What was the final price you sold it for? This will be good info for future sellers.

thanks

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$5k is too cheap for today’s market. Someone is either going to get a great deal or flip it. You should probably do some research because you’re getting bad advice.

It sold in 2 hours which means it’s probably not representative of the market value. It was under priced.

OP
OP
friar93

friar93

Loc.
BOSTON
happy to provide anything if it helps the forum

it sold for $5k I listed it at. no haggling. Id say it was underpriced by $2k? but a forum member did come to look at it and passed at that price so I dont think it was a total give away.

to be 100% honest here: I was looking for fast and easy and did not want to deal with a lot of inquiries, people wanted me to take lots of pictures, etc so I didn't even bother to test the market and maximize the price

I was also happy to sell it locally to a guy who was building it for his kids(his teenager came along as was very knowledgeable and excited to work on it so I dont think it was a sob story). It was worth it not to have ot entertain any of the BS lowballers and people telling me all the things wrong with it to negotiate.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shocking. I guess we’ll see what the market is on it.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
happy to provide anything if it helps the forum

I was also happy to sell it locally to a guy who was building it for his kids(his teenager came along as was very knowledgeable and excited to work on it so I dont think it was a sob story). It was worth it not to have ot entertain any of the BS lowballers and people telling me all the things wrong with it to negotiate.

You’d like to think something came up, or they decided it was more than they could tackle.....and weren’t piling on the bs.

I had found (on Craigslist :eek:) and agreed on a price for a Bronco. The seller called me after a guy showed up with a stack of cash in hand and was going to give him a few grand more. Seller asked again my plans for the truck - told him the truth, keep and enjoy it. The other guy was straight up too, was going to do a few things and flip it. As tempted as he was, the owner kept his word and sold it to me for the original agreed upon amount. We have never met (but will if I ever get to TX) but are still good friends to this day and keep in touch every few weeks.

There are some really good folks out there, and others not so much.....

murdador

Mr. Member

Attachments

• Ebayed.jpg
    Ebayed.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 79

mehal

Contributor
This shite is crazy !!! I saw that EB on Boston Cragslist and didn't really think it was worth the $5k. I think people are going nuts with the new Bronco launch.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
You’d like to think something came up, or they decided it was more than they could tackle.....and weren’t piling on the bs.

I had found (on Craigslist :eek:) and agreed on a price for a Bronco. The seller called me after a guy showed up with a stack of cash in hand and was going to give him a few grand more. Seller asked again my plans for the truck - told him the truth, keep and enjoy it. The other guy was straight up too, was going to do a few things and flip it. As tempted as he was, the owner kept his word and sold it to me for the original agreed upon amount. We have never met (but will if I ever get to TX) but are still good friends to this day and keep in touch every few weeks.

There are some really good folks out there, and others not so much.....

That's a good story Mary, and that's the way it should be.

Along those lines I sold an '89 locally, but the new owner needed time to get the money together. During that time another person offered me $1,000 more. I told him I'd check with the new owner to see if he wanted to make a $1,000 for doing nothing. As far as was concerned it would have been his Bronco I was selling. he said, "No way, I'm not interested in making money, I just want the Bronco. He drove that thing for many years and just sold it recently. He and his boys really enjoyed it! That made me happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.