• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where can I BUY a 1974 302 Emission sticker to put on my restored motor.

UNCbronco

Contributor
1974 FORD 302 2BBL ENGINE EMISSIONS DECAL STICKER, where can I BUY this sticker here ? The only one I can find is on eBay and that seller cannot deliver it as promised. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your lead.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
I have already called them about one, and they only have the 73- and 75-year ones, they don`t know why they don`t have a 74-year one like my picture here. He said he would look into it and get back with me, that was two weeks ago. I don`t know why no one has a 74 one anywhere. It doesn't make sense to me, when the model year 74 was the most built Bronco`s in that year than any other year 66-77. Why is that ? Thanks for the lead.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have already called them about one, and they only have the 73- and 75-year ones, they don`t know why they don`t have a 74-year one like my picture here. He said he would look into it and get back with me, that was two weeks ago. I don`t know why no one has a 74 one anywhere. It doesn't make sense to me, when the model year 74 was the most built Bronco`s in that year than any other year 66-77. Why is that ? Thanks for the lead.
That is strange? Hope you do find one

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might want to add these to the list😉. Not certain if there wasn’t enough room on the partially circled “HOUSIG”

Attachments

• 07BB8677-14AC-4811-858F-2362DAE7E38A.jpeg
    07BB8677-14AC-4811-858F-2362DAE7E38A.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 73

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Keith,

Maybe these will help? Snapped a few quick pics. This rig was built July 1974 D10B058C-5F68-4E37-A76E-E9FEBE1D6A5C.jpeg EDE51CC5-7CBF-44FA-9055-EBED52F7A32C.jpeg Let me know if you want any other angles.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Technically still at work, so took those quick. If they need more of the left side, I can pull the oil filler and wipe it off to get a better angle.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
The 1974 emission decal/sticker showed up today and here is one I installed on my 1974 302 valve cover, very happy with how they turned out. She ended up making me 12 of them and I used one for my Bronco and I have 6 others spoken for, so I have 5 more for sale and that`s it. No more, I am done. They are $12 dropped in an envelope with a stamp on it and sent to you. Please message me about getting one. You can mail me money or pay by PayPal with friend/family, so they don`t charge me a fee. Thanks
Well, please don't hate me, but yeah...now is a good time to hate me.

So here's the deal. You had a valve cover with an emissions decal on it. During your restoration, you made the HUGE BLUNDER of posting the picture of your decal. (So that guys like me can come and poop all over your thread...) So I'm apologizing in advance.

Please take a minute to examine your original decal. You will note two important things. FIRST, the decal part number is D4TE-9C485-xx It is NOT D4DE. I can see it, and now you can see it. And you will never be able to "un-see" it.

Your 1974 Ford Bronco is a TRUCK. It came with an emissions sticker for a truck. That's a D4TE. The sticker that you cloned is the D4DE sticker from a 1974 Maverick, or Ford intermediate. (now it is worth noting that your engine block will be a D4DE casting...but that is irrelevant.)
Aside from the base timing, the other difference between the D4DE calibration, and the D4TE calibration is the Choke Notch Setting, and the curb idle for a manual transmission. The Maverick gets "3 rich" and the Bronco gets "2 rich." That is enough to qualify for a different sticker, and therefore a different part number.

When you originally asked for a sticker, you asked for the D4DE sticker, which I think is reproduced by Dennis Carpenter. But the Mustang vendors will usually have it. I thought it was strange that you were asking for a Maverick 302 sticker, but I figured you were just trying to get past smog. But then when you posted your original sticker, I immediately thought "wow...better save that one!" But I figured you had it under control. When @Oldtimer caught the typo, I knew you were trying to make a faithful reproduction. So I figured I should help out.

I know I didn't help, and I know it's easy to armchair QB. I don't have a dog in the hunt, because I need CA compliant decals. But I figured you would want to know.

Attachments

• d4deb.jpeg
    d4deb.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 32
  • d4de.jpg
    d4de.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
Well, please don't hate me, but yeah...now is a good time to hate me.

So here's the deal. You had a valve cover with an emissions decal on it. During your restoration, you made the HUGE BLUNDER of posting the picture of your decal. (So that guys like me can come and poop all over your thread...) So I'm apologizing in advance.

Please take a minute to examine your original decal. You will note two important things. FIRST, the decal part number is D4TE-9C485-xx It is NOT D4DE. I can see it, and now you can see it. And you will never be able to "un-see" it.

Your 1974 Ford Bronco is a TRUCK. It came with an emissions sticker for a truck. That's a D4TE. The sticker that you cloned is the D4DE sticker from a 1974 Maverick, or Ford intermediate. (now it is worth noting that your engine block will be a D4DE casting...but that is irrelevant.)
Aside from the base timing, the other difference between the D4DE calibration, and the D4TE calibration is the Choke Notch Setting, and the curb idle for a manual transmission. The Maverick gets "3 rich" and the Bronco gets "2 rich." That is enough to qualify for a different sticker, and therefore a different part number.

When you originally asked for a sticker, you asked for the D4DE sticker, which I think is reproduced by Dennis Carpenter. But the Mustang vendors will usually have it. I thought it was strange that you were asking for a Maverick 302 sticker, but I figured you were just trying to get past smog. But then when you posted your original sticker, I immediately thought "wow...better save that one!" But I figured you had it under control. When @Oldtimer caught the typo, I knew you were trying to make a faithful reproduction. So I figured I should help out.

I know I didn't help, and I know it's easy to armchair QB. I don't have a dog in the hunt, because I need CA compliant decals. But I figured you would want to know.
James, are the California compliant 1974 stickers available anywhere?
Thanks.
Karl.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
James, are the California compliant 1974 stickers available anywhere?
Thanks.
Karl.
No, not exactly. You need to get someone who is motivated and resourceful like @UNCbronco to clone them for you. But first you need a pristine example of a correct and original one. And if you have one, then you probably don't need one.

I have been using the Fed Spec labels from the Mustang in order to get past my regulatory requirements.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
You could score an original valve cover with the sticker still attached.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2557267352...d=link&campid=5335857059&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Yes, that's a good idea, but bad example for @onpier55 . That ebay listing is a D4OE-MA sticker, which is not CA compliant.

But finding a valve cover with the sticker already on it might work. It won't work for me, because I am running the 5.0 valve covers, and of course the early covers won't fit. But it's still a great idea.

Thanks.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, that's a good idea, but bad example for @onpier55 . That ebay listing is a D4OE-MA sticker, which is not CA compliant.

But finding a valve cover with the sticker already on it might work. It won't work for me, because I am running the 5.0 valve covers, and of course the early covers won't fit. But it's still a great idea.

Thanks.

The level of intricate knowledge on this site never ceases to amaze me.....

James, would you have a pic of the correct CA label? Not that the rig is residing in a state that requires inspection, but would be nice to keep it accurate.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
The level of intricate knowledge on this site never ceases to amaze me.....

James, would you have a pic of the correct CA label? Not that the rig is residing in a state that requires inspection, but would be nice to keep it accurate.
Nope, I don’t have one. But Osborn makes one for the 71 Mustang that is the D1ZX-AA that is a 351 in CA. Here’s a sample.

Attachments

• 8F2D8DD8-9988-4163-8C05-DDF6C6088AD1.jpeg
    8F2D8DD8-9988-4163-8C05-DDF6C6088AD1.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 25

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope, I don’t have one. But Osborn makes one for the 71 Mustang that is the D1ZX-AA that is a 351 in CA. Here’s a sample.

Thanks for the info and pic. If anyone reading this thread happens to have a survivor with an original label, please post up!