• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where can I BUY a 1974 302 Emission sticker to put on my restored motor.

syndicate1

Contributor
Thanks for the info and pic. If anyone reading this thread happens to have a survivor with an original label, please post up!

Here is a pic of my California original '74 Bronco.

18dca7fb4d26056cfb974a64503fc7e8.jpg

a7bc832210f54891d1eac207fd76f278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fidelbronco

1974 FORD 302 2BBL ENGINE EMISSIONS DECAL STICKER, where can I BUY this sticker here ? The only one I can find is on eBay and that seller cannot deliver it as promised. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your lead.
Looking for emissions sticker for 1974 ford bronco, do you have one?? 6614974390

AC932

Contributor
I made a couple modifications to the sticker as UNC mentioned. Below is a scan comparing them. I'll refer to the original sticker on the truck as the original, and the sticker UNCbronco made as the repro.

EPSON034.JPG

Top one is the new one, bottom is the repro. Changes listed below:
  • Made background color slightly darker to match my OG (which might just be darkened with age but oh well :) )
  • Changed fonts and font sizes throughout to better match OG to my eye
  • Corrected mixed O's and 0's
  • Added missing "DWELL" word
  • Removed line between choke setting lines
  • Changed choke setting from 3 Rich to 2 Rich
  • Changed timing setting from 12* to 6*
  • Changed manual idle RPM from 800 to 900
  • Changed number at bottom from 734 to 737
  • Changed part number to D4TE-9C485-CC
  • Increased size
Below are pictures comparing the new and OG stickers, as well as the new and repro stickers. The lighting is a little off and I had my prototype sticker made in a glossy finish, so the new sticker appears lighter than either of the others. To the eye, it's darker than the repro and slightly lighter than the original.

20231123_071521.jpg

20231123_071541.jpg

There's a few additional changes I'd like to make, listed below:
  • Move "0.5% CO MAX" for manual transmission left to better match original
  • Move RPM values slightly left to better match original
If you don't feel like waiting however long it'll take me to make those changes, then below is a hi-res copy of the new sticker.

New Sticker.jpg

Go to whichever custom sticker place you like (I used carstickers.com) and upload that image. Use a matte finish, permanent adhesive, and set the size to 4" x 2.875". I won't be ordering a large batch of stickers and reselling them, but if someone else would like to then go ahead!

If someone has any other changes/comments please post them!

AC932

Contributor
EDIT: THESE IMAGES WERE COMPRESSED WHILE UPLOADING. DO NOT USE THEM FOR STICKER CREATION. FULL RESOLUTION FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN A POST FOLLOWING THIS ONE.

Updated version below with following minor edits:
  • Added period after all "R.P.M" text
  • Slight text positioning adjustments
1974 49 State Rev1.jpg

I also made a CA sticker based off a few examples LUBr LuvR found and the pictures syndicate1 posted. I'm sure the colors are off, but it's about as close as I could get with the limited Bronco specific reference material available.

1974 CA WITH THERMACTOR.jpg

Note that to accommodate the extra "THERMACTOR" row, the CA sticker is supposed to be ordered as a 4" x 3", NOT the 4" x 2.875" of the 49 state version. I can't verify if that's correct, but it was the easiest way to add the row.

Let me know what you all think! And please feel free to post more pictures of 1974 CA stickers if you can find them.

Also for bonus points :) here's another 1974 49 state, for vehicles with a points distributor, based on a picture RustyTruck posted in another thread. This will use the same 4" x 2.875" dimension as the breakerless 1974 49 state.

1974 49 State Rev1 POINTS.jpg

Attachments

• 1974 CA WITH THERMACTOR.jpg
    1974 CA WITH THERMACTOR.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AC932, cannot thank you ENOUGH for all the time and effort you put into these labels!

The Bronco folks on this forum never cease to amaze me with how they will go out of their way to lend their expertise and knowledge to help others. Bronco brotherhood is the best!! 🏆

AC932

Contributor
Ruh Roh! Lubr Luvr alerted me to the fact that the images in my previous post were compressed and too low a resolution to make a good, clear sticker. Zipped copies of all three versions (49 State Breakerless, 49 State Points, CA with Thermactor) are attached to this post, in 300DPI resolution. You can refer to my previous post for what each version looks like.

Below are some basic instructions for ordering:

1. Download the zipped file and extract the image. You may need to install a program such as 7zip or winrar to access the zipped file if you're running an older operating system.
  2. Navigate to your favorite custom car sticker place. These instructions will be written for carstickers.com, since that's what I've used in the past.
  3. Select a custom rectangular sticker
  4. Select Standard Vinyl as the material
  5. Adhesive type may be Standard or Permanent depending on how enthusiastic you're feeling
  6. Select Matte lamination. Gloss is probably fine too, this is mostly personal preference
  7. Select preferred Slit Backing. This makes it easier to apply the sticker, but isn't necessary.
  8. Upload the sticker. Note you may receive a warning that the uploaded file is a Raster type, not a Vector type. Vector files allow images to be enlarged with no increase in blurriness. Since we are only slightly changing the sticker size, this issue will not appear in any significant way.
  9. Set Custom Size depending on sticker type below. Note you may need to unlock the aspect ratio, usually by clicking a Lock Icon.
    1. 49 State Stickers: 4" x 2.875" (If the website rounds this up to 2.88", don't worry, what's 5 thou between friends)
    2. CA Stickers: 4" x 3"
  10. If a DPI warning appears, you have downloaded the wrong image. Check the file size of the downloaded image; it should be around 4MB. The zip files below contain the correct files at about 300 DPI.
  11. That's it! Add your sticker to cart and order away.
Please don't hesitate to post in the thread/DM me if any issues pop up or you notice any spelling/sticker errors!

Attachments

• 1974 49 State Breakerless R1.zip
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1974 49 State Points R1.zip
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • 1974 CA Sticker With Thermactor R1.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1