• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

who makes the best rear bed floor and floor pans?

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
I will be looking to order a rear bed floor and both floor pans for my 66. Who makes the nicest stuff? I really don't want seat/seatbelt holes in the rear floor since it is a U 14. I have used TBP for front pans before, but want them to look more factory than what they offer. Anyone bought any recently?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't say for sure, but I doubt you're going to have many choices in the rear bed department. Not likely that any manufacturer is going to make one with and one without holes. Like much of the other parts, you're likely going to get one that has all the potential options to fit all years and all models, and just lets you deal with any "extras" on your own, if you're doing a religious restoration or custom where some particular feature is not desired.

In some cases, the different vendors might have different versions of a body panel made for themselves, either to get a better price, a better quality product, better delivery times, more options, or all of the above. I know we do on the more popular parts, such as front floor panels.
But for the rear pan, there's probably only one or two manufacturers producing them.

Like I said though, I could be mistaken on that score. But it sounded true at the time. ;D

Paul

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
I can't say for sure, but I doubt you're going to have many choices in the rear bed department. Not likely that any manufacturer is going to make one with and one without holes. Like much of the other parts, you're likely going to get one that has all the potential options to fit all years and all models, and just lets you deal with any "extras" on your own, if you're doing a religious restoration or custom where some particular feature is not desired.

In some cases, the different vendors might have different versions of a body panel made for themselves, either to get a better price, a better quality product, better delivery times, more options, or all of the above. I know we do on the more popular parts, such as front floor panels.
But for the rear pan, there's probably only one or two manufacturers producing them.

Like I said though, I could be mistaken on that score. But it sounded true at the time. ;D

Paul
I figured that was the case on the rear floor. I just thought I would ask.