• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who's 2.5 suspension lift for best front coils

Tuff68

Loc.
Hermitage, TN
What vendors 2.5 or 3.5 suspension kits have the best coils to keep a good ride on the road.
Most of the kits have the same items except of the coils ( Pre-runner, suplift, and so on ).
What has proven to be the best vendor kit out there. I have had great luck with all my orders from JBG but also like the kit from wildhorse because they use the long add-a-leaf for the rear.
I would also like to know if the 2.5" kit will be good for some light wheeling or will I be sorry I did not order the 3.5" kit.
Thanks again,
David

Broncology

I would look into BC Broncos or Cage suspension. I have no experience with either, but have heard nothing but good praise of both. When I lift my Bronco I will probably go with Cage....But then again I keep changing my mind between Cage and BCB. Good Luck!!

Chuck

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
2-1/2 - 3-1/2 is about all you'll ever need to lift your rig.

The springs offered by BC, the 'Superflex' system from JBG, and those offered by American Bronco are all manufactured by Deaver, who is a very reputable manufacturer. They may be slightly different from one supplier to the next if they provide their own specs, but essentially are the same.

The springs from WH are Nationals, another reputable spring manufacturer.

I'm not sure who Duffy is using these days.

Avoid Superlift, Trailmaster, Tuff Country, Rancho and the like. Their springs are so freakin stiff, you may as well weld the axle to the frame.

My rig is ~2-1/2" spring lift and 2" body lift and I run 38" tires. My wife's rig is 3-1/2" lift, no body lift (yet) and she clears 35's just fine.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Tuff68 said:
What vendors 2.5 or 3.5 suspension kits have the best coils to keep a good ride on the road.
Most of the kits have the same items except of the coils ( Pre-runner, suplift, and so on ).
What has proven to be the best vendor kit out there. I have had great luck with all my orders from JBG but also like the kit from wildhorse because they use the long add-a-leaf for the rear.
I would also like to know if the 2.5" kit will be good for some light wheeling or will I be sorry I did not order the 3.5" kit.
Thanks again,
David

I have the BCB Linear rate springs, they come in 1/2" increments so you can adjust your lift slightly for big bumpers/winches/etc. I have been very pleased with the ride and when I purchased them, Chuck gave me a great education about springs over the phone. I have WH rear leaf springs/11 pack/2.5 lift. I have also been pleased with the ride.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
My leafs are made by Deavers. My coils are not made by Deavers. I have had them custom made to my specs. from day 1. About 9 years now.