• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper motor wiring

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
If someone has an EB wiper motor laying around, or has easy access to it in their rig, I'd appreciate some help. I bought a motor recently from a vendor and it unfortunately doesn't have wire colors that match the 3? different wiring combinations I find in the various wiring diagrams in my old Chilton's manual.

In the photo, you can see that I have green, white, red, and black wires. None of the wiring diagrams I have show a green wire, and the white may be in two different locations depending on the year. I'm supposed to have a blue wire but I don't see that one.

I'd much appreciate if someone could look at their EB motor and give me a key to their colors based on mine by location, i.e. your white matches my white and it's in the same location in the plug, etc., your blue matches my green, etc.

I'm using the motor for a different project and would like to cross-reference the EB wiring to the one on this motor.

TIA,
Todd Z.

Attachments

• wiper plug.jpg
    wiper plug.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 19

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I took the motor and all the arm assembly out. I replace the wiper arm studs (that go thru the top of the w/s frame) with mount bolts for some LED lights. I used the OEM wiper wiring and switch to turn on the LED lights. I either do not run a w/s or run a Lexan one some times. All I got for wiring diagrams and they are for a 71. At least that is what is says on the manual cover , hope it helps.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 36
  • B wiper.jpg
    B wiper.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 33
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2725.JPG
    100_2725.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thansk! That wiring diagram was actually very helpful - it looks like mine matches it pretty closely except that I have a green wire where the diagram has a blue one. That will get me to where I need to go - thanks!

Todd Z.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here ya go its late but maybe it will help also, this is on a 73, this is the harness from the wiper motor. 3rd pic, top is harness from dash, bottom is wiper motor harness

Attachments

• wiper harness1.jpg
    wiper harness1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 9
  • wiper harness2.jpg
    wiper harness2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 9
  • wiper harness3.jpg
    wiper harness3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP