• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wow! I did something right!

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In building my "Bronco in a box" from Wild Horses, I started in October with a stripped frame and a welder. Working from the rear to the front, Some 50+ body panels.. Lots of measuring and remeasuring (and swearing, bleeding, throwing things) Ya don't really know if what you did is correct......Until you mount the hood...This tells/shows all your mistakes-misalignments.... And how much cutting and re-welding you might have to re-do.
Yesterday I installed the factory hood and doors in the aftermarket body panels making up the tub.
when I closed the hood, SURPRISE! I win! aligned, and square, and the doors have good gaps too!

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like it..

Attachments

• Grille alligned.jpg
    Grille alligned.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 159
  • Grille left.jpg
    Grille left.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Grille right.jpg
    Grille right.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 147
  • November progress.jpg
    November progress.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 148

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks Great! I spent my first 10 years in New Haven Ct. Someday I'd like to take a road trip back to see the old neighborhood.

Attachments

• Grille right1.jpg
    Grille right1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Grille left2.jpg
    Grille left2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Grille alligned3.jpg
    Grille alligned3.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 44

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Right on, Always great to hear a success story! Congrats!

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the compliments! on the rotation of the photos, how done?

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
on the rotation of the photos, how done?

I open the photo in a photo editing program rotate & save a copy - I did have some photos that rotate when posted & come up correct in an editing program, I just saved a copy & they posted correct. When you upload try "Preview Post" it may show you which pics need fixing before you "Submit".

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
In building my "Bronco in a box" from Wild Horses, I started in October with a stripped frame and a welder. Working from the rear to the front, Some 50+ body panels.. Lots of measuring and remeasuring (and swearing, bleeding, throwing things) Ya don't really know if what you did is correct......Until you mount the hood...This tells/shows all your mistakes-misalignments.... And how much cutting and re-welding you might have to re-do.
Yesterday I installed the factory hood and doors in the aftermarket body panels making up the tub.
when I closed the hood, SURPRISE! I win! aligned, and square, and the doors have good gaps too!

Congrats.. not real often it works right the first time lol