• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wow, That was really cool!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, horray for two things:

first, i finally did some work on my own bronco by myself. Yea, we swapped the engine out, but ran into enough problems for me to take it to an "expert." if you have read my prior posts, you know how i feel about the "expert." But anyway, the 'expert' had installed a front driveshaft that had no cardon joint, so i had to locate another one, THANKS STEVE! and i installed that tonight. One of the ujoints needed to be replaced, so seeing as i don't have a press, i opted for the socket/bfh solution. took about 45 minutes. Installed the new driveshaft, works like a charm.

Secondly and more important: it is a beautiful night out in north florida. I haven't driven my bronco more than 15 miles and most of that was bringing it back from the 'expert,' who had also not setup the idle or throttle return spring propperly, which made most of my attention focused on not stalling and not over revving the engine. when it went high it stayed high till i played with the gas pedal some and then it went too low. but i digress; i drove it tonight, and it was really awesome. no top, cloudless night, no radio, just the sound of the engine and wirring of the wind. it was sweet to say the least.

However, after my drive tonight, i've noticed some things that could be improved on:

1. The steering has about 1/4 turn of play, west texas offroad here i come.

2. The sound should be reduced after i finish replacing the tunnel cover and shift boots.

3. i'm not a fan of the stock instrument cluster

4. need brighter lights/tail lights - relay upgrade

5. would really rather have some bucket seats and at least a 3 point harness - probably search around for some heep sahara seats front and rear

6. the ride is rather stiff, would like to find something a little softer, but not for a while.

All in all, i had an awesome time. I don't regret getting it, just a little regret from the 'expert'

Thanks to all of you who post to this site, you're keeping bronoc's alive and helping others to enjoy them.

Parker