• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You meet the nicest people...

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
...in an EB. We headed to Ouray Saturday morning to get away for the weekend. I had corresponded with Dack ("burntfish" here) about maybe meeting up as he has an EB and wanted to go wheeling. Short story; a few miles from Ouray, pulling the EB on the trailer, the lift pump in my Dodge CTD quit working. When that happens, it will still run, but if you drive very far at all it will destroy the injection pump. The lift pump is "only" $450 :( but the injection pump is over $2000. :eek:

I managed to get the new part (long story) but had no idea how I was going to replace it in the hotel parking lot since the tank was 3/4 full so it weighed close to 200#. We hooked up with Dack Sunday morning and ran a trail with him and a few other friends. All the while I was worrying about how on earth we'd get the Dodge fixed to head home. Turns out Dack works for CDOT and got permission to use their maintenance shop. With the shop, and Dack, Clint and Mike helping, we got it done in less than 2 hours so we made it home late last night.

HUGE thanks to Dack, Clint (another EB owner) and Mike (JP owner) for your help. There are still some great people around willing to help out, even when you've never even met them before. :cool:

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
Thanks for the great post, You beat me to it. I wanted to give you guys thanks for such a great day of wheeling. My kids had a blast along with me. Now I need to get the bronco a little more trail ready and come wheel with you guys on your turf.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Mount some gauges so you'll know next time before it dies totally.

according to the folks at the TDR website it happens to almost every late model CTD, over and over again.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
roundhouse said:
Mount some gauges so you'll know next time before it dies totally.

according to the folks at the TDR website it happens to almost every late model CTD, over and over again.
I have a fuel pressure gauge, so I knew what was happening. They'll still run without the lift pump, although now real well. I limped into Ouray and shut it down so as not to destroy the VP44 high pressure pump - which is at least a $1200 part. :eek:

spieser said:
What trail/s did you guys ride?
Just Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride. We then at lunch in Telluride and took the highway back to Ouray.