• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Well its official, the Bronco "sport" is a rebadged 2012 Ford Escape...

txpd

For those curious I just got the Bronco Sport Big Bend demo home. Its very small. Which I like. We would still use out Subaru Outback for travel trips bit its big enough for the two golden retrievers and more than big enough for me to use as my road photography unit.

One interesting detail. The engine shuts off when you stop at a traffic light. As soon as you lift off the brake, it starts again. If you then reapply the brake the truck remains running

Rosco

From a business perspective the Bronco Sport is simply an exercise of volume based cross platform utilization. The plant in Mexico that builds them along side the escape I believe has plenty of capacity so why not get the market share. The (expected) revenue generated from the sport no doubt helped justify going forward with the 2 and 4 door (ranger platform) version of the Bronco. Think of the cost to develop all the configurations of these things!

I wonder how many original early Bronco owners thought that the new 1978 Bronco was just a short F-150 and too big... If you really look at the Bronco II's I have often thought that it is even closer in heritage to the 66-77 and really has nothing to do with the big Bronco except that it was available at the same time! lol

txpd

Nah it's all good. Enjoy your Bronco Sport. I am glad it will suit your needs well!

I am testing this one to consider getting it in addition to the other one. It might be two years before I can get the Badlands I want. Its definately not an either or choice.

I just did a little offroading with it to get some photos. Thats how I would use it anyway. I was impressed. I can do without the rollup awning, though

RM70

Contributor
One interesting detail. The engine shuts off when you stop at a traffic light. As soon as you lift off the brake, it starts again. If you then reapply the brake the truck remains running

Most new fords do that now. The 2021 explorer we had as a rental and the Ranger my FIL rented did. Thankfully there is a button to turn it off, so I always turned it off every time I drove.

txpd

I went on a photo tour this afternoon out in the country near my home. Ive never had any success posting pics or I would show some.

I got some offroad in getting to locations. I liked it. I will get a Bronco with the marine grade seats and among other things when one can be gotten. I am wondering how to add this Sport to the mix?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
What I have found to work across most forums is setup a google photos acct. Upload your pics there, and then organize them in a way that makes sense. Once you label that album as "Shared" then you can post them anywhere by clicking on that picture to open it full size, right-click to get address and then copy that address here using the image icon.

Might want to start your own thread for that.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
No matter what format or how you choose to post pics or not, pay the $12 for contributor status. This site is not free to keep up, Admin will greatly appreciate the support. And others of us appreciate the incentive for Jon (Admin) to keep the sight up and running.

txpd

No matter what format or how you choose to post pics or not, pay the $12 for contributor status. This site is not free to keep up, Admin will greatly appreciate the support. And others of us appreciate the incentive for Jon (Admin) to keep the sight up and running.

Well, hell. Shut my mouth. I came here to provide some info on the loaner/demo program for the full size Bronco, but I havent paid the fee. I should stop posting til I do. Adios

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Well, hell. Shut my mouth. I came here to provide some info on the loaner/demo program for the full size Bronco, but I havent paid the fee. I should stop posting til I do. Adios

Sorry if you feel like I singled you out, my apologies. Admin has done a fantastic job of keeping this site and its content free. I'm merely making a blanket statement that we should as a group support that content.

I'll go back to my corner and not disrupt further again my apologies.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Yeller - you're right tho, but perhaps you could have been a little more diplomatic. I know I have gained knowledge to fix my own junk to pay for the membership several times over...

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Yeller - you're right tho, but perhaps you could have been a little more diplomatic. I know I have gained knowledge to fix my own junk to pay for the membership several times over...

Thanks, that was much more harsh sounding in writing than in my head, was not my intention, again my appologies.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

Same here, I think I finally set up auto-pay for mine, definitely pays for itself in blood, sweat, tears and cussing saved. Now if Jon ever should bump it to $13....hell I’m just kiddin Jon! :D

Wife and I saw our first ‘Sport’ today on the way home. I was surprised as I thought every new Bronco was on back order? Is this considered the ‘baby’ one?

PS those sure look a lot like ugly heep wheels

Attachments

• 9E78DC29-29B7-49EE-9B7F-AF50FB9DCBA0.jpg
    9E78DC29-29B7-49EE-9B7F-AF50FB9DCBA0.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DF3B882B-1384-475A-A6C5-E770A8E322A6.jpg
    DF3B882B-1384-475A-A6C5-E770A8E322A6.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 4F5363F1-BB87-4517-B678-8E70FF572E47.jpg
    4F5363F1-BB87-4517-B678-8E70FF572E47.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 23

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
there, fixed it for MYSELF Dave lol ;)

Attachments

• DF3B882B-1384-475A-A6C5-E770A8E322A6.jpg
    DF3B882B-1384-475A-A6C5-E770A8E322A6.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 17

RM70

Contributor
Wife and I saw our first ‘Sport’ today on the way home. I was surprised as I thought every new Bronco was on back order? Is this considered the ‘baby’ one?

Only the big Broncos are delayed, the Sport has been available since early December or late November.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Thanks, that was much more harsh sounding in writing than in my head, was not my intention, again my appologies.

Its really easy to be misunderstood in forums, email, FB and the like. I’ve often wondered about all the reasons why but never tried to analyse it. No facial expression or vocal inflection to go by, different interpretation of phrases, whatever. It’s just hard sometimes...just had it happen to me,
Not in a bad way, just a misunderstood phrase.

Scott

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Other than the current Mustangs and F-Series...I feel like most Ford designs are hit or miss. With that said, the Bronco Sport and Ranger are horrible designs. I am still holding on to my last thread of Ford loyalty, but these vehicles are not stylish at all.