• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OK who did this????

bax

Contributor
Old Member
A month of so ago I answered a craigslist add for a 77. Well after talking to the guy I knew he had been taken on E bay. he had bought the bronco from a guy in Tenn. Gor way screwed. Anyway I told him I would help him if he wanted to keep it. All sight unseen at this point. Until today, Oh crap. picked up the truck and took it to my shop. before I left I told him his tub was a goner but I would look over the frame when I get the body off. Got it home and took off the body mounts. Good thing I knew where they were located. Why do people do this?

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 535

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
DAMN! I don't even know what to say! Some people just SUCK!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Some people just don't care about anything but money eventually it bites them in the a$$ though

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Cause some peeps dontr give a crap about their word anymore

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hopefully my sister (Karma) finds the guilty party and makes them pay!

OB Bronco

Loc.
Orange Beach
I hate this for the owner, but on a positive note, at least they have joined a great group of people who are good and genuinely care about others.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used to think there was a law about this. One that protected the buyer in just about any situation. But then I guess that law is the old buyer beware one instead.

I wonder if the original ad said "rust free and rare!" on eBay?

Paul

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I used to think there was a law about this. One that protected the buyer in just about any situation. But then I guess that law is the old buyer beware one instead.

I wonder if the original ad said "rust free and rare!" on eBay?

Paul

Probably said rare custom floor

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
A friend of mine bought one that had the whole rusted out floor covered with old aluminum traffic signs. They were bent real nice and fitted. They were screwed and glued down with RTV. The whole interior and underside had been coated with bed liner so you couldn't tell. Somebody had gone to a lot of trouble. We didn't know it was trash until we tried to do a body lift and couldn't find the bolts. We ended up torching the bolts and changing out the tub.
DON'T EVER, EVER, BUY A CAR WITH BEDLINER IN IT UNLESS YOU'RE PREPARED FOR THE WORST!
That stuff can hide all sorts of sins.:mad:

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
road signs make great floors.. those things never rust ;)

I knew the crime here was bad but didn't know people got robbed that never even set a foot in the state......

sad thing is i've seen worse than that........

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I have a Tenn bronco in my shop and I fixed one other from there. Good work Bax

Attachments

• Blue Bronco 003.jpg
    Blue Bronco 003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Blue Bronco 006.jpg
    Blue Bronco 006.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 241
  • Blue Bronco 012.jpg
    Blue Bronco 012.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 241
  • Blue Bronco 004.jpg
    Blue Bronco 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 234

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
shamu, that's got some special engineering on it for sure. it's always impressive to see that type of craftsmanship. bummer to be the next one to have to work on it though...