• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wilwood MC on Hydroboost

OP
OP
T

T4x4R

Contributor
4x? ok maybe that's not it? what are the odds that the hydroboost or something is faulty tho? another air pocket could be in the calipers
Yeah probably reeeeaaally low. i think you’re right though. Theres gotta be air somewhere. I thought about starting again and isolating the front from the rear to see if i could figure out where the bubble is trapped. Bench bleeding is such a pain but i def dont have a manual brake pedal. Hoping theres a secret trick out there!

Last edited:

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Yeah i noticed that as well when i installed it. Ill see if i can widen it w some vice grips or something.

Just to confirm though, that is the correct reservoir correct?
Correct is a relative term. It’s correct to the pump and brackets I would assume since it’s in there. Correct for Hydraboost that’s up for debate. A factory setup would have a second return line on the reservoir. Can you run with only one? Absolutely. Will it cause issues? Maybe, maybe not. I’ve had success running one return line with a tee, I’ve also had issues that required me to add a second fitting to the reservoir. When running one return the best success I’ve had is with a y fitting, or with a tee mounted directly on the remote reservoir.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Yeah probably reeeeaaally low. i think you’re right though. Theres gotta be air somewhere. I thought about starting again and isolating the front from the rear to see if i could figure out where the bubble is trapped. Bench bleeding is such a pain but i def dont have a manual brake pedal. Hoping theres a secret trick out there!
You can bench bleed the master on the truck. Just disconnect the lines and step on the pedal rather than removing it and using a vice And screwdriver.