• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 bronco splash shield

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, has anybody run a splash shield from the bottom of the front bumper to the first frame cross member
went in some really easy mud but it got all over the plac in the engine compartment , I do run a mech. Fan but even if it was clutched I think I wold spread all over.
thinking of alum to pvc sheet and jus cooking that spot between the bumper and the first frame cross member
3.5 inch sl and 1 inch bl. With 35 s
any ideas or pics ?
thanks. …

OP
OP
spap

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
haa I know, it was just a little muddy

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just giving you a hard time. Used to use mine in the woods too.

I had wondered about that, but I think I would have had to seal in the inner fender to frame gap as well. If the front center section was isolated, would the engine compartment lose heat any differently?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a skid plate from Con-Fer that’s mounted to the bottom of the bumper and to the bottom of the crossmember. Hangs down a little from the crossmember and has a mount for the steering stabilizer.
Never really liked the design of that mount, but it was a beefy plate! 3/16 I think. Feels heavy enough to be a 1/4 inch thick, but never actually measured it and my memory tells me it’s 3/16.
Took it off to work on it so it’s sitting on the side of the garage right now.

It does have air holes in it to allow for flow, so probably not the best at blocking mud. But that was not a priority for me, as I purposely stay out of the mud as much as possible.
Got tired of the cleanup years ago!

OP
OP
spap

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Paul, I’m not I big mud person either with the rain we had in socal regular trails were just muddy, oll look at some old sights I’m sure I can find a pic of the con-ferr one. Just surprised how much muddy water got thrown up into the engine bay

OP
OP
spap

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know .94. With the body lift it has the little gap too. Just trying to make it less But I’m lazy and prob won’t do anything
you can get those pvc sheets figure just cut a little panel

OP
OP
spap

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Goold idea like pledge on my rzr