• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco Safari 2024 is on life support

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Looking back for an old post and ran across the Bronco Safari post. Checked the Facebook page and found they have the location they’re working on. Vernal UT. Don’t know much about it. Dinosaur National Park is nearby.

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor
Looking back for an old post and ran across the Bronco Safari post. Checked the Facebook page and found they have the location they’re working on. Vernal UT. Don’t know much about it. Dinosaur National Park is nearby.
It sounds like a decent place. I'm skipping it though and attending Moab with friends during the original Safari week.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Well Vernal UT has Fabrats approval but looking at the websites etc. I don’t see any info yet. Maybe not gonna happen?

The Vernal part of the video starts around 12:00 in! Looks like an interesting area.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I've got reservations for a place to "camp" in Vernal. The State Park was full. Will see...

Hallboss

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
Unfortunate this happened. I was there a few years ago on my adventure motorcycle (prior to being an EB owner). Went through the Safari event when all the rigs were parked. Met some great folks. Was my goal with this 73 to get back there, specifically Moab, as a participant. Onto the next event I guess!!! :LOL:

nvrstuk

Contributor
It's a great place to go on and have fun.

I'm sure we could get 8 or 10 of us just off of this list that could all meet and make our own little mini. Classic Broncos Safari and have a great time.! ;)

OP
OP
Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor
It's a great place to go on and have fun.

I'm sure we could get 8 or 10 of us just off of this list that could all meet and make our own little mini. Classic Broncos Safari and have a great time.! ;)
That's exactly what a group of us 6G guys did, about 10 of us were going to get together. Unfortunately I ended up cancelling and won't be going to either now.

Okie69

Contributor
Just in case anyone hasn’t seen this over on the Bronco Safari Facebook group. The first update is from 5may and the second one is from yesterday 24may. Pre-registration is apparently closing sometime today. I’ll be there! Hope to see some of you there as well!

Broncosafari.com

“***Official update as of 5-6****

We will be having Bronco Safari in Vernal Ut on 6-19-2024 through 6-22-2024!

Now this event might be very different from previous years and I need everyone to understand why. As of writing this our permit is not officially approved to use PUBLIC lands. We still believe it will be approved but in the event it doesn't get approved in time we will not be doing guided trail runs on public lands. We will have the Show-N-Shine on private property and some other things. There is a really good chance there will not be swag for sale and %99 change we will not have shirts for 2024 in time so we might not do them at all. If this doesn't work for you please stay home and use your vacation time on another event. Please consider this a great big gathering of your friends to talk broncos look at broncos and hang out and get back to our roots as a community. We %100 understand if you don't want to risk it knowing this and appriciate your support and understanding.

If/When our permit is approved we will update the group. We have plans for guided runs already in place. There is a ton of things to do not offroading in and around vernal not off-roading.

We will begin reaching out to our fabulous vendors soon and see if we can get donations for a raffle but the time is short and I can not promise anything at this point.

I will look into scheduling a live call for you to ask questions directly but at this point that is TBD.

To surmise

Event 6-19 ~ 6-22, possible no guided trail runs on public lands.

Show-N-shine and other events on private land. Registartion to open next week for a week or 10 days.”

Update on 24May
“**** HQ Location Announcement ****

We will be hosting our 2024 Bronco Safari HQ at the "Vernal Rod and Gun Club" 3495 N 2500 W, Vernal, UT 84078 Conveniently located less than 1 mile from "Doc's Beach" https://www.utah.com/listing/docs-beach-and-sand-bar-ohv-trails/17346/

*Registration pickup

*Trail Line up

They offer trailer parking with power and water (no sewer or fire pits) for $50 a night. Post up or contact me if you are interested.”

nvrstuk

Contributor
At this point in time we are still planning on going. "Planning" is the key word. Also, registration costs seems over the top. Just does from an old guy that doesn't know what the expenses are for a permit. Is this a money making fund raiser or a non-profit venture? No idea but I'll say it out loud, $165 seems really high if you can't even get a t-shirt out of it. :) Not knocking all the effort because it's a lot of effort- that I know and that effort is appreciated for sure!

Hope to see a bunch of EB's there for sure! Will be different, kinda wishing I had ac in my Bronco. :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Utah club has sent info out to all that have contacted them about the event too.

Bet the club guys are pulling their hair out with so little time to prep.

They sure put the work & time into the events for sure!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Utah club has sent info out to all that have contacted them about the event too.

Bet the club guys are pulling their hair out with so little time to prep.

They sure put the work & time into the events for sure!!

100% brother...

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'm still planning on going. Just yesterday I realized that I double-booked a local event with the St Anthony Dunes in Idaho... :( I love sand and will miss that part of the trip.

Last edited: