• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air blowing hot

72bahama

Took the Bronco out today and to my surprise the AC is not blowing cold anymore. I have had my bronco for 2 months and it's always blown cold in the Florida heat 95+, but today was a different story. I have the vintage air kit linked below. I also noticed there is no condensation coming from the passenger fender as there usually is a lot of dripping going on to the passenger radius arm but it's dry after driving for 30+ minutes. I was hoping someone on here could lead me in the right direction on what to look at, thanks!

https://tomsoffroad.com/parts/66-77...6aZ4kUrIIBJsKxc24xLs7vW4I4xPXT80aAgwbEALw_wcB

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No real experience with specific models, and the one in my bronco is kind of a hybrid of two or three brands put together.
But it still blows cold, and the first place I always look when an air conditioner stops working is the refrigerant level.
Do you have a site plug anywhere that you can look at? Or can you test the pressure somehow?
At the very least make sure that the compressor is working. With the engine running turn the AC on and see if the compressor clutch is engaging.
If it’s not, then that could be a sign of low refrigerant because there’s a safety switch, or it could be a sign of other failure.
Some simple tests to get to that point I would say. That’s about the extent of my knowledge though. After that, I take it to service shop.

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Is compressor clutch activated when AC is turned on? If not, likely low on refrigerant and pressure switch not triggered.

As Paul said, get it checked out.

OP
OP

72bahama

Thanks guys, was able to get it recharged as the refrigerant was low. Will use dye next time if the levels drop. Thanks for the replies!