• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH Help 6 cylinder engine size?

Randy Kuhn

Loc.
Tiffin
City: Tiffin, ohio
Hello, I acquired a 66 pickup with 66 thousand original miles from a family farm (original owners from new.) No engine swap done. I'm trying to get started .. the air filter says 200.. did they make a 66 bronco pickup with a possible 200?.. it was a 3 on tree converted too floor shift (that is very intrusive) thinking about trying too convert back too original.. all the links are gone?.. it has 3 main freeze plugs but then 4? Smaller higher up. (quarter size) ..read someone said earlier 200s had 3 and came with my 456 gearing in a pickup version(or 457 not sure) thanks any input would be great..

hucklburry rev2

The 170 has 3 freeze plugs on the passenger side of the block under the exhaust manifold, the 200 & 250 have 5 and the 250 would have a 4 bolt water pump while the 170 and 200 have a 3 bolt.

It might be worthwhile for you to get "The Ford Falcon Performance Handbook" by Schjeldahl, it explains the Load-o-Matic carb if you are keeping the original carb and distributor on it.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hello, I acquired a 66 pickup with 66 thousand original miles from a family farm (original owners from new.) No engine swap done. I'm trying to get started .. the air filter says 200.. did they make a 66 bronco pickup with a possible 200?.. it was a 3 on tree converted too floor shift (that is very intrusive) thinking about trying too convert back too original.. all the links are gone?.. it has 3 main freeze plugs but then 4? Smaller higher up. (quarter size) ..read someone said earlier 200s had 3 and came with my 456 gearing in a pickup version(or 457 not sure) thanks any input would be great..

Both 4.11 and 4.57 were available with the six cylinder. What's your axle code on the warranty plate? Top row far right .