• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where can I find this wheel?

eRandall38

Have one damaged wheel (not pictured), attached is a photo of one of the other same wheels.

I took the wheel to a tire shop yesterday to be measured, they said it was a 15x6.5... but "that measurement must of been off and I should get a 15x7", does that sound correct?

In trying to find 15x7 I have tried a few local places as well as online refinished wheel sites. No one seems to be comfortable in sending me the correct wheel. I have found some that look the same, but they are concerned about "the offset" and do not recommend buying.

I have told them 15x7 (still not sure if tire place is correct on that), 5x5.5, and also that the OEM hubcaps I have need to be able to pop onto the wheel. The below picture does not have the hubcap on, but it normally does.

I am not worried about the wheel look or if it matches, since the hubcap will cover, I just want it to be right. Everything I have found makes it sound like this is 1980s style Ford Bronco wheel? The front disc (this is for a front wheel) conversion is a 1977.

https://ibb.co/jgnrkwL

wsager

Bronco/F150 wheel is what it looks like. Is the hubcap a center cap with red on the rear and center removed on the front? Can you measure the backspacing?

OP
OP
E

eRandall38

Bronco/F150 wheel is what it looks like. Is the hubcap a center cap with red on the rear and center removed on the front? Can you measure the backspacing?

Yes that is what I have seen Bronco/F150.

You are correct on the hubcaps here are photos of front and rear.
https://ibb.co/Stq6h9V
https://ibb.co/vwPPxQf

They used a caliper type tool to measure the width of the wheel and got 6.5ish... said to go to 7".

To get the backspacing measurement, do I need to have them remove the tire and measure the inside width?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope. Backspacing can be measured with the tire still mounted.
It's the distance from the back of the mounting surface (center where the lug holes are) to the back edge of the rim bead.
I don't have a link to a diagram, but it's pretty straightforward. Easier with a straight-edge that fits down into the edge of the wheel and a tape measure from the center.

From what I remember you don't measure at the outermost edge of the wheel, but just inside of it, at what is considered the bead. Not the rolled edge of the material.
If that makes sense...

Paul

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I don't think that is a stock ford truck wheel. I does not have the threaded holes for the wheel center. it is very close though

romegadave

I have a set of those in chrome I believe (?) Have to check but am going to put them up for sale soon....sorry no shipping

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think that is a stock ford truck wheel. I does not have the threaded holes for the wheel center. it is very close though

Yup not a stock Ford wheel they all had threaded holes for center caps.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, I was just outside and realized I have one (1) of those rims. If you are coming to Super Celebration I'll bring it and GIVE it to you! It's 15" but I'm not sure about the width.

Attachments

• rim front.jpg
    rim front.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 54
  • rim backside.jpg
    rim backside.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
E

eRandall38

Backspacing is 3.5"

Little update. Called around tire shop to tire shop, sending photos, stopping by etc etc.

I've been told they believe these 4 wheels are old 80s car trailer wheels, that happened to fit and happened to allow the OEM style hubcaps to pop on. No local trailer guys feel they can find that exact match without special order, and don't know if hub cap will pop on.

I suppose my next option is to purchase two wheels. Tried a few Bronco specific shops like TBPs but they don't have any wheels that fit the OEM style hubcaps anymore.

Anyone aware of a site that might sell used/older wheels so I can get the hubcaps back on?

Wheel is 15x7 (outside) or 15x6 (interior bead to interior bead), 3.5" backspace, 5x5.5".

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Backspacing is 3.5"

Little update. Called around tire shop to tire shop, sending photos, stopping by etc etc.

I've been told they believe these 4 wheels are old 80s car trailer wheels, that happened to fit and happened to allow the OEM style hubcaps to pop on. No local trailer guys feel they can find that exact match without special order, and don't know if hub cap will pop on.

I suppose my next option is to purchase two wheels. Tried a few Bronco specific shops like TBPs but they don't have any wheels that fit the OEM style hubcaps anymore.

Anyone aware of a site that might sell used/older wheels so I can get the hubcaps back on?

Wheel is 15x7 (outside) or 15x6 (interior bead to interior bead), 3.5" backspace, 5x5.5".

If you are looking to fit OEM Bronco hubcaps then you should get the stock style steel wheels - not spokes. The full hub cap will fit the spoke wheels but the back spacing will be off for the front hubs. They will be inset about an inch.

If you're looking for FSB/F150 style spoke wheels with center caps then you need the Ford wheels with the 3 tapped holes that hold the center cap on. A center cap or a dog dish style hub cap will not "pop on" to those wheels. You can drill and tap the 3 holes needed for the OEM center cap if you need to.

Please clarify what type of hub cap/center cap you are wanting to use.

They look like common after market white spoke wheels and look similar to the ones I have on my '72.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 18

wsager

Oh, I didn’t realize that you are running stock hub caps, so you’re sticking with them?

OP
OP
E

eRandall38

Wanted to update you guys.

DirtDonk actually mentioned a few wheel places in northern CA, one being Stockton Wheel. I talked to a guy named Andre there. They were great! Knowledgeable, helpful, and very fast turn around. They made a custom wheel for me that was a match to my other 3. $135 was the cost I think. Felt it was very fair.

If I am allowed to post about companies who offer good product/service, I will do so, but did not want to spam the board with a new post. Highly recommend checking these guys out if you are needing to get some new wheels in any quantity.